What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cliche excuses when we lose

Aragorn

First Grade
so far I have heard from this forum

- it was our junior team against the titans, what did you expect!?
- it was only a trial game - its just mickey mouse and means nothing!

going on past history, after the first few rounds
- we're nearly there - judge us after round 6

after round 6
- the team looked fatigued. We might have over-trained ?!

mid-season
- I dont know what the f**k is going on - it was Inu's fault
- Lets drop Vatuvei, drop Tapou !!!!!
- We miss the experience of Lewis Browne and Maloney - we have no depth
- Eric Watson predicts the warriors with take the NRL to heights NEVER seen before. NEVER!

end of seasons
- bottom 4 contender
- injuries mate - key players like JRO being out stopped our premiership run
- New coach......

meh.......:lol:

Campion

Juniors
this bloke aragorn is a bit of a knobend.
i think "- it was only a trial game - its just mickey mouse and means nothing!" is a genuine excuse. this isn't to say we won't go and lose every game this season, but this cannot be predicted by trial matches.
i've seen teams lose all their pre-season matches and become undefeatable for the whole season, and vice versa. it seems to have no bearing on performance. if i had a dataset i'd do the stats to back this up.

vvvrulz

Coach

That's one of the first lessons learned in LU Warriors Forum 101. :cool:

And you're right trial games don't really mean much.
The main concern I took away was the decision to try Taylor at hooker, I hope that idea bites the dust come round one.

Ok lets just lose all our trials see what happens lol

Overall I think its pretty crucial we get some wins EARLY season. Sick of playing catch up and only shining towards the end of the season.

Trials are just that and nothing more.

We have no reason to expect better than last year, this mob is still too young and stupid. Forwards are weak, backs are dumb. Bottom four.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
i think "- it was only a trial game - its just mickey mouse and means nothing!" is a genuine excuse. this isn't to say we won't go and lose every game this season, but this cannot be predicted by trial matches.
i've seen teams lose all their pre-season matches and become undefeatable for the whole season, and vice versa. it seems to have no bearing on performance. if i had a dataset i'd do the stats to back this up.

We never win our trial matches. Lost all in 2011 and won the comp, and in 2008 lost all trials and the 1st 2 rounds before blowing everyone away for the rest of the year

Micistm

Bench
My fave is "i've got a good feeling about this year"...I start every year with that.

As for excuses, yeah any fan can do that, it's not forum exclusive! Then there's the fan who aren't interested in excuses of any sort, even fair ones- And just want to bag the hell out of a team they 'support.' That's why they're called FANatics!
Yeah, totally disappointed after last years fiasco, and I want to see them earn their fanbase back- But I am not making excuses nor bagging them after a couple of trial matches, it's WAY too early and they do deserve that time.

There will be times during the year, your team will simply lose to a better team. 'Y gotta be a big boy and be able to admit that as well.

Otherwise, not sure what the point of this topic is...? That after an appalling year, and new players and coaching are in- you throw your hands in the air and toys out of the cot after two trial games? That's their lot and the excuses should stop and the bagging should start?

vvvrulz

Coach
"key players like JRO being out stopped our premiership run..."

There was some truth to this in 2007, in our home semi against the Eels.

No that was all Logan Swann's fault.... and Logan Swann alone....

Aragorn

First Grade
"key players like JRO being out stopped our premiership run..."

There was some truth to this in 2007, in our home semi against the Eels.

yeah, right mate. only problem is, i was referring to our season in 2012!

you reckon JRO copied JLO, or was it the other way round? :lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
i`m predicting the most used word from elliot this season will be "disappointed".

I think I`ve seen these sacred words dished out a few times already.......

ozbash

Referee
i`m predicting the most used word from elliot this season will be "disappointed".

I think I`ve seen these sacred words dished out a few times already.......

I'm predicting you've got bout a week left in the Warriors forum before admin remove your access.

pull your head in..