What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clint Greenshields signing has improved!

Kingytek

Juniors
The chances of Clint joining the Gold Coast for 2007 just got better with the Dragons agreeing to extend his contract for 1 yr only.
I think Greenshields has been playing excellent footy and I will be the first to welcome him...

Sir Biffo

Bench
He would be an excellent pick up, and I think the Dragons may have to make a tough decision if they have to choose between shifting Hornby to half permanentley and keeping Clint and letting Matty Head go.

Personally watching the class of Matty Head in the Dragons season highlights video makes me think Clint deserves a shot at full time first grade with the Titans. He will be a classy player in the future.

Kingytek

Juniors
Sir Biffo said:
He would be an excellent pick up, and I think the Dragons may have to make a tough decision if they have to choose between shifting Hornby to half permanentley and keeping Clint and letting Matty Head go.

Personally watching the class of Matty Head in the Dragons season highlights video makes me think Clint deserves a shot at full time first grade with the Titans. He will be a classy player in the future.

Mate, Am I being greedy but can we have Matt Head aswell....
He's a smart kid!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Clint Greenshields reminds me of Mini. A slightly poorer man's version but still a great talent. Good defensively and under the high ball, hits it up at 100mph and has great body strength and endurance.

Would be a fantastic signing for the Gold Coast.

Eelectrica

Referee
Damn this team is coming along nicely if some of these rumours are true. Going to be very competitive for a debut team I think.

drake

First Grade
I'd like to see Greeny get a permanent starting spot, I can't see us getting rid of head to shift Hornby.
Good luck getting Greenshields.

Jono078

Referee
Another one Gold Coast could look out for is David Seage, one of the best defencive fullbacks. Things not going for him are age, I think he is 26 this year, and injuried, played about 8 games in the last 2 years. But I guarentee when he is on the field he is awsome, watch Knights Vs. Parra this year when we beat them, he was excellent.

Kingytek

Juniors
jono078 said:
Another one Gold Coast could look out for is David Seage, one of the best defencive fullbacks. Things not going for him are age, I think he is 26 this year, and injuried, played about 8 games in the last 2 years. But I guarentee when he is on the field he is awsome, watch Knights Vs. Parra this year when we beat them, he was excellent.

I used to watch him play for Wynnum when watching a mate Quinny play. Seagey goes alright, are knights still doing a year to year deal with him?

Jono078

Referee
I think we signed him last year for 2 years, so next year his contract will be up, and we have a great PL FB and Thaiday and Cooper who can do the job, I rate him highly, but he would love to go back home and have a better shot at the Fullback position.

Jono078

Referee
Seage can also play Wing and Centre, also would be a VERY handy backup, but personally I rate him higher then Greenshields when Seage is on the park.

borat

Bench
jono078 said:
Seage can also play Wing and Centre, also would be a VERY handy backup, but personally I rate him higher then Greenshields when Seage is on the park.

Seage is a nuffy who has produced 1 game in 2 years. The bloke would not get a look in at any other club in the comp.

Jono078

Referee
Obviously that '1' game you watched in the past 2 years wasnt his best one then :roll:.

borat

Bench
jono078 said:
Obviously that '1' game you watched in the past 2 years wasnt his best one then :roll:.

The way some Knights supporters like Jono go on about this Qld cup player is remarkable. He has acheived 0 except for spending plenty of time with the physio. Why would the Titans want to sign the Knights reserve grade fullback, if he gets back on the field, anyway. Thaiday and Cooper are 50 times the fullback this guy is.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Every game Seage has played he's been either #1 or #2 on the field. His injury track record is obviously a problem (and it'll be why he won't stay at the Knights next year), but to call him a nuffy based on his percieved lack of talent only illustrates ignorance.

borat

Bench
bluesbreaker said:
Every game Seage has played he's been either #1 or #2 on the field. His injury track record is obviously a problem (and it'll be why he won't stay at the Knights next year), but to call him a nuffy based on his percieved lack of talent only illustrates ignorance.

Really :roll: My point is the Knights supporters give him huge wraps and he has produsced didly squat. Infact out of thr 8 games he has played for the knights I reckon you have won 1 or 2.

So I take it that Thaiday is going back to reggies once Seage gets back on the field.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
borat said:
The way some Knights supporters like Jono go on about this Qld cup player is remarkable. He has acheived 0 except for spending plenty of time with the physio. Why would the Titans want to sign the Knights reserve grade fullback, if he gets back on the field, anyway. Thaiday and Cooper are 50 times the fullback this guy is.

Only saw Seage play about 120 games for Wynnum plus for Queensland Residents for four years.

Sorry, but you're totally incorrect.

Jono078

Referee
Maybe you should have watched some of our previous Fullbacks before Thaiday came this year, ofcourse we are gonna rave on about him compared to Hughes and Cooper, and deservedly so!

Latest posts