What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clinton Misses out on Origin

Big Mick

Referee
Joel Clinton has missed out on an debuting for NSW. He has played for Australia and city and is a grand final prop and misses out because he had one week off from injury, abosultely pathetic excuse by Gould.

He is the form prop of the comp and misses out, absolutely pathetic.

On the other hand, congratulations to Luke Lewis (Wing), Craig Gower (Half) and Trent Waterhouse (Bench) for making the team.

SP

Bench
excellent stuff

maybe clinton will get into the 2nd game squad

hopefully wesser and ross make it into the QLD side

*Sandy*

First Grade
I think Clinton will definately be there come Origin 2. His missing out on the last game could have only been the reason why. But then they have always put their injured players on the squad such as Kennedy (which comes to mind first). Who knows ... :?

Yeah congrats to Gowie, Lewis and the House. Gowie missed out on the captain's job but then with the pack he has to play with that could be a blessing in disguise. Gowie certainly doesnt need to take the crap for Gus and the selectors if the blues fail to notch up a win.

There's a couple of very puzzling selections to say the least and apart from leaving out Clinton in my opinion they made a very big mistake by not putting Hill as 5/8th. Why Timmins? Someone give me something please :?:

Big Mick

Referee
I don't really care, makes out team much better for the Cowboys this week. Our starting pack is unchanged besides waterhouse

PeterBrown

Juniors
I agree that it is unfortunate that Joel Clinton missed out on origin, but the fact remains that he missed the Souths game, a couple of weeks ago, Penrith then had the bye, and if he were to make the squad, he would have missed out on this weekend's game as well. Therefore, he would have missed 3 games straight, a months nearly of no football at all!

There is no way Gus could have made such a gamble on a player. I know Wing and Fitzgibbon both made the team though being injured for a long while, but just remember, they both have played for Australia and NSW many times before, Joel only has 1 Aus. game under his belt!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He should be starting prop for game 2 and 3 but yet i thought he would be a walk-up start for Origin 1 and he wasnt. Its just a joke.

kaza_79

Juniors
I think Gus was looking for excuses. Clinton missed one game. so what.

Gus has said if they win the first game and play well, he won't change the side, if that happens, Clinton, won't get a look in.

I think Gowie should of been Captain.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Apparently selection of Origin teams are coming down to statistics now!

Forget about who will lift for their state! Forget about passion! Forget about who has proven to get a job done! It's all about statistics. :roll:

Statistically it said Panthers couldnt win the Grand Final of 2003. :lol:

Big Artie

Juniors
As an old prop I wasnt suprised at all with the ommission of clinton from origin, I was telling a mate prior to the test that it was a joke that he had been selected at rep level, he is only a good first grader and they are his limitations at the moment origin is the best of the best which he is not, people say his defence is a worry I would be more worried about his ball security he coughs, up a lot of ball, twice again the other night against the cowboys he was lucky with a stripping call on one, Ben Ross did deserve his selection 8)

Big Artie

Juniors
Dicko said:
as an old hopeless fat prop you mean artie

Just a little tip in life junior, never underestimate a person, by his age or looks, as you grow up you will learn this, so good luck as you do 8)

*Sandy*

First Grade
I'm eating humble pie over Timmins! How good did he go!

Also i thought Billy Slater really turned it up for the Maroons. Well done to the kid.

And Wahoooo!!! Go the Blues!!! How good were they Arite... I know you were cheering for them! ;-)