What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clipping by price

shiznit

Coach
what rubbish.... if RL ever banned it then you may aswell call it a non-contact sport...

RU and the NFL have left it the same... and there kickers are a hell of alot more fragile than league ones...

if kickers dont want to risk injury then they need to stand deeper.... imo as long as the charger doesnt go out to take the kicker out then it should be fine.

imo banning aspects of the charge down will just give kickers a free ride...

at the end of the day the kicker is taking a risk by kicking closer to the play.... if he doesnt want to risk getting hurt then he should stand deeper at a safer distance.

Matt23

Staff member
Did'nt a Manly player, Kosef? get in trouble for it once upon a time?

El Diablo

Post Whore
what rubbish.... if RL ever banned it then you may aswell call it a non-contact sport...

RU and the NFL have left it the same... and there kickers are a hell of alot more fragile than league ones...

if kickers dont want to risk injury then they need to stand deeper.... imo as long as the charger doesnt go out to take the kicker out then it should be fine.

imo banning aspects of the charge down will just give kickers a free ride...

at the end of the day the kicker is taking a risk by kicking closer to the play.... if he doesnt want to risk getting hurt then he should stand deeper at a safer distance.

i am only aware of people having a problem with Price's technique. nobody wants charge downs banned

badav

Bench
Did'nt a Manly player, Kosef? get in trouble for it once upon a time?

Ron Gibbs i think it was.

Yesterdays charge down by steve price was clean, but i have seen him do some that definetaly werent clean. the one that ultimately ended tony caines career was all bodyweight into the legs (with disastrous results)

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Oh quit the whinging. He is one of the best players doing a charge down, its just unfortunate that accidents do happen but he'd never do it deliberately to hurt anybody. Pricey is just not like that. Now, move on

Shorty

Staff member
But Price goes straight for the ball and not the legs.
It shouldn't have been a penalty for it,what are you smoking?
He was nowhere near Pearce's legs he went for the ball.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Oh quit the whinging. He is one of the best players doing a charge down, its just unfortunate that accidents do happen but he'd never do it deliberately to hurt anybody. Pricey is just not like that. Now, move on

Intent does not equal legality. Im sure most players dont go in to a tackle or a charge down with the intent to injure but they can be careless in those actions and deserved to be punished.

Priceys charge down on Wed night was fine, I have no issue with it. However the similar one he did last year which damaged Kimmorleys knee was careless and should not be allowed to go unpunished again.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
i think the biggest issue is the diving part of the charge down. cause even if you only have eyes for the ball you lose all control the second you leave your feet. easy way to fix would be to stipulate that you cant leave your feet when performing a chargedown.

price attacks the ball as its on the boot wheras you wil see the majority of chargedowns performed around headheight where players havent left their feet to attck the ball while its on the boot. as a side not though you could still jump up to effect a chargedown just not dive

IMO that charge down was identical to the one that fu***d kimmorlys knee difference being that this one went right and the other went wrong.

exactly what can and occaisonally will happen when you leave your feet to dive towards the kickers legs and lose control of your momentum......

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Why don't we also ban diving for tries, because a defending player could be in the way.

4 words.
HARDEN THE f**k UP!!!

alexc

There is a big difference between what happened with the origin-price charge down and what happened in the youtube video.

That guy basically shoulder charged the kickers knee, steve price went in with his hands at the football.

so does paul gallen yet he gets labeled a grub?
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not? I would hardly call on field forehead surgery legal.

Last edited:

warren

Juniors
the 'charge down king' has injured two players with his technique, surley it has to be looked at

he is the only one that dives at players legs (i dont care if his intentons are to go for the ball or not, every time he dives its reckless and can easily go wrong) - it should be illegal.

badav

Bench
That guy basically shoulder charged the kickers knee, steve price went in with his hands at the football.

That was Steve Price on Tony Caine in 2006. That was an ugly charge down. Bodyweight into the blokes legs and Price had his back basically turned to the guy. Tony Caine retired because of that injury.

ozbash

Referee
nobody wants charge downs banned

except slo-mo noddy. geez, even fui caught him..

the 'charge down king' has injured two players with his technique, surley it has to be looked at
you should be looked at warren, you,ve done nothing but whinge since you have started posting here. Toughen up or go back to playing with your sisters barbies..

that guy is Steve Price

4 words !!

warren

Juniors
you should be looked at warren, you,ve done nothing but whinge since you have started posting here. Toughen up or go back to playing with your sisters barbies..

hahaha are you kidding me?

i started a thread on soft penalties because kickers are wayyy over protected! how on earth does that make me soft?

i just dont like seeing players getting injured because of poor technique. i think thats fair enough

Latest posts