What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close but no banana

Minh

First Grade
It was a close game and either team could of got the win.

Just one quick quick question:-

Why won't refs use the video in tries against the drags? It was shown on the Sunday roast that dugan may not of scored for the win vs raiders. And again tonight on the tigers first try by Fulton.
There was doubt over the onside (Fulton ok but mckinnon was very dubious), the catch, and the grounding. Yet they just awarded it...

Not saying this is why we lost, but bloody hell, please check like you seem to on all drags and dogs tries.

Saw that one too they get very eager to blow tries without even checking onside. Maybe has something to do with so much money punted on the Dragons, just a thought.;-)

evil_p091280

Juniors
Another thought I had, how is it the tigers are being talked up now as a major threat to the premiership yet the dragons are now sh1t and past it???

The tigers won by 2 points...

They scored 2 dubious tries (yes we got one dubious one but it went to the video), and had all bar one 50/50 call their way (that comment by a manly supporter mate of mine who hates drags and tiges), and won the penalty count (4-3, but hey, the tiges never lose one... Ever...)

I just don't think the drags should be counted out yet.

blacklock

Juniors
Wonder if Moz will get an AFL contract, his football fan skills may be just what they are looking for
wasnt good enough to fumble..he had to be a clutz and kick it dead too.

oh and...we got our mandatory forward pass from a dummy half at crucial time of the game. atleast once a week we do that. must be a set move from training. "lets get behind on the score board...be on the verge of coming back, then throw a pass to a player who is infront of you...allowing morris to streak down the field only to be called back and watch the opposition hi fiving"

ok im done lol goddddd normally these results dont stick with me so long. I think its been a build up of the last 3 weeks. ok got it off my chest hehe :)

dragondad

First Grade
Was our pass forward with two minutes left? That was a big call. Maybe the Tigers' luck will run out after the bad calls against the Roosters and Manly.

evil_p091280

Juniors
The pass to weyman wasn't forward. Gould even got off his tigers bandwagon to agree with that.

Could be why the farah fumble was called a knock on (when it wasn't).

Even up.

Pity the drags were well behind on even ups before this one...

Dragon

Coach
Was our pass forward with two minutes left? That was a big call. Maybe the Tigers' luck will run out after the bad calls against the Roosters and Manly.

It wasnt. Then the following knock on call against Farah was an absolute joke as well, square up obviously but even still that shouldnt happen

hardbaby

Coach
It would be nice to see the Dragons open up a bit. There is a lot of one-out running with minimal support and no threat of an off-load. Hate to second guess Bennett but I think they are too restrained and too predictable. There are very few set plays. Sometimes I feel like I have more faith in the players' abilities that Sir Wayne does!! Still, he is the master and I am just a supporter.

Minh

First Grade
I'm pretty much used to us getting dud calls been seeing it for years, just a little less so since Bennett took over the reigns, but these dud calls are creeping back again and it all started from that game against the Broncos with that winger being awarded the try after his team mate clearly propelled the ball forward and wasn't even referred to the video ref and the forward passes they pulled us up on which led to tries. Anyway with fair play we're still going to be hard to beat come the semis.

Bingerz

Juniors
I thought Dean Young's charges were great tonight, really added a lot when he came on. Does anyone have his stats for tonight's game. However, what is with Morris' hands this year...woeful. He is great when in full flight but his hands..OMG.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It would be nice to see the Dragons open up a bit. There is a lot of one-out running with minimal support and no threat of an off-load. Hate to second guess Bennett but I think they are too restrained and too predictable. There are very few set plays. Sometimes I feel like I have more faith in the players' abilities that Sir Wayne does!! Still, he is the master and I am just a supporter.

In the last 2 weeks our St George ran away with good leads after opening up, but found a way of being chased down. Tonight was about trying to reverse that, a good example of getting back to basics.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
i know this isnt constructive...but mother f ers! grrrr again, we hand over possession with no pressure (morris knock on), we give them a try by keeping an injured player on the field....

and then we kick it on the last with seconds to go with all tigers players waiting on the kick.

*sigh*

sick of it.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
i know this isnt constructive...but mother f ers! grrrr again, we hand over possession with no pressure (morris knock on), we give them a try by keeping an injured player on the field....

and then we kick it on the last with seconds to go with all tigers players waiting on the kick.

*sigh*

sick of it.
Im trying to stay positive and keep the faith with the team but 2 wins from the last 9 is just not good enough.....I'm afraid its looking like 2009 all over again...we are leading teams on the score board but just not putting them away....I guess the only faint glimmer out of tonites results is the Cowboys got beat and they play Brisbane next week which yet again MAY give us the chance for a top 4 spot...but unfortunately the way things are going it wont matter where we finish.......however there is one thing that will
reverse all these negatives of the last few weeks ..and thats to beat the Storm in Melbourne.......you may laugh at that statement but it could just turn things around.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Much better effort. Until Morris fumbled the ball it looked like they would hold the Tigers scoreless. They had nothing and Saints were mistake free for the 2nd half until the fumble. Never gave them a repeat set.

Morris had a good game and did put the Dragons in front with 7 mins to go. Apart from the fumble he did everything right. Vossy put the curse on him.

Good to see Boyd make one of those charges to inspire the team.

Not taking Soward off earlier I feel probably cost them the game also. That was bizzare how they left him on. It was like giving the Tigers a free run to the line.

I am still not sure why Saints never got a penalty for Utai starting a fight. in the last 40 seconds of the game. It usually is a penalty in other games. Just because he is stupid enough to do something like that in the last minute when the game is close doesn't mean you can't penalise him.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
It was better, but definitely we have lost a lot of confidence, its only when we get behind do we seem to have life, but thats kind of who we are I guess, we get into a groove and just grind when we are in front.

Commentators mentioned we looked dead on our feet after 15-20minutes, not sure if there is truth in that, that we may be going through a brutal training phase lately.

Latest posts