What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close but no banana

Bring back choc

Juniors
Have to disagree boys. The game was ours to win again. Of course we'll make the 8, but given tonights and the last couple of performances, that's the end of the road.

One thing I can confirm is that the Tigers supporters are the biggest bunch of f-wits I've come across. Two f-wits in particular in Bay 25, hang your heads in shame.

Agree.. We f$&ked it yet again. We beat ourselves. 2 aweful defensive errors from nighty hurt us.
We had that game yet again. If we lose another... We are gone.

scarcev

Juniors
Dont know why all the doom and gloom, it was a good game and a massive improvement on the last few weeks for you blokes. I think the bench lost the game for you when they waved Soward back on. First grade footballers dont ever want to come off and so when one goes to the sideline with his arm up you get him off. Leaving him on the park was dumb beyond belief. Was like a big 'attack here' sign to our outside backs. Also cant believe the bagging of Morris he made a couple of errors granted but geez he was good with ball in hand.You'll be there at the business end, and next week 13+ get on. Hope to meet in the playoffs for another cracker.

macdragon

Juniors
Scott was also carrying a hamstring strain, apparently sheens sent out a message to attack scott and sowie. Good call.

Our right side was disappointing all night in attack and defence. They made a lot of ground down there, and even normally solid nighty made some absolute clangers (esp that dropped pass). Scott is still down on match fitness and now might have picked up an injury.

The Nick

Bench
It's probably for the best that Tigers won this one, I held grave fears for Robert Lui's Mrs if we beat them again.....

hardbaby

Coach
In the last 2 weeks our St George ran away with good leads after opening up, but found a way of being chased down. Tonight was about trying to reverse that, a good example of getting back to basics.

Yeah good point Willow. And that is exactly why I was so happy with the performance last night. We toughed it out and the effort was great. We were unlucky to lose.

However, even in the Rabbits and Raiders games most of our attack was option runners based around Creagh (right side) and/or early ball to Gaz (left side). We don't seem to have any plays up the middle, there are very few inside balls, few scrum moves (except Gaz) and a hell of a lot of dead plays.

I don't think you need to over-complicate things but when you run it helps if it at least looks like you have options. For mine, it's a bit one dimensional.

Keep the faith lads. I think we're looking a lot like the Brisbane 2006 side. Very good early in the season, suffered losses through and after origin due to a heavy rep schedule, then Bennett poured the fitness work into them and they steamed home in the finals. They even lost in the first week of finals to us! Have a look at their 2006 results - so far very similar to our 2011 season....... http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2006.html

LatK7

First Grade
I think they needed to get some confidence back, and they came pretty damn close to beating a team who have found some form. Hopefully it gets better from here.

Fingerbang

Bench
Bmoz fumbles shouldn't shock people. Ever since he and his brother first started with Dragons, they have been known for terrible hands. Maybe not always shown, but it has always been there in them.

innsaneink

Referee
Have to disagree boys. The game was ours to win again. Of course we'll make the 8, but given tonights and the last couple of performances, that's the end of the road.

One thing I can confirm is that the Tigers supporters are the biggest bunch of f-wits I've come across. Two f-wits in particular in Bay 25, hang your heads in shame.
LOL thats where we were sitting
I had saints family in front of us up & leave with 10 to go, saints dad playfully patted my knee walking past, could tell he really wanted to right hook me :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ah, sounds like a boast about how you intimidated a family watching the game. He was probably treating you in a deserved manner insane.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
C'mon guys that was much better. Unlucky. I feel your pain but we need a team playing well enough to win the comp. Forget about the flag. Maybe even forget about the top 4. Can this team win the comp? Yes they can. So let's appreciate what we saw, applaud a Benji master class (remember the World Cup) and push aside the doom and gloom. Well done Dragons. Proud of the team...my team.

What's the flag?