What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

club choice

thebroker

Juniors
my son is coming over next year to play in the shire & hopefully make his mark. played Harold Matthews this year as prop & is totally disenchanted with district & local clubneeds a change of scenery big time. will turn 17 next year.was MCC prop last year at Dubbo.i've narrowed the choice down to 4 teams. Cronulla/C, gymea/G,De la salle & Yarrawarrah.which of these 4 teams need an enforcer in their front row next year?

thebroker

Juniors
at this stage i cannot say. reason is The district has been asked for a release for 4 months & they're playing games with it. We've been quoted up tp $10,000 for his release. His Management have guaranteed me that they won't enforce the transfer fee but i have my reservations. just trying to do the best for my son at this stage before i tackle the district about this fee issue (personally).

thebroker

Juniors
until they give him a release i cannot say. Look, I'm not playing games. His Management told me to go ahead & do what the kid feels comfortable with.1 thing for sure he will be in the shire next year .I,m pushing for his release. I do not have $7500-10.000 to get him away from the district.i just need the right COACH next year.

carcharias

Immortal
Ah Yes ...there it is again.

Dubbo.... the gateway to enchanting Gilgandra.

Find out who at the club has ties with what junior club.

Big city politics mate.

samshark

Juniors
If it was my boy I would probably take him to Cronulla Caringbah. The other clubs are all good with De La salle historically the strongest and was always the club to play for if trying to break into grade. However these days Cronulla Caringbah is extremely strong and will only grow further with the Jim Beam Cup entry. I think they had the most number of grandfinal teams this year. I am told by friends with kids at the club that they are looked after, is well run etc

carinashark

First Grade
Anyone but DeLaaaa ! Bunch of Papists! Dont bother with Engardine , the Sharks dont even know its in the Shire these days. So that leaves CC , not far from Shark Park , strong managment, so I would go with them.

newman

First Grade
Dont bother with Engardine , the Sharks dont even know its in the Shire these days.

Stupid statement.
Why did they punt Seymour to the Dragons then?
Give Greg Bird (not the first grade player) the president of the Engadine Dragons a call. He is a straight up and down bloke and will give you an honest assertion of what you should do (he will ask you to come to Engadine, but wont pressure you) and has a sh8tload more knowledge than any of us on the forums.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Hmm Well, what you need is information

Here's some.

The U/16 age group of last year was weak, as it normally is. These kids will make up the U/17 comp for 2008 which your boy will likely be in. Last year there were 2 divisions made up of a mere 6 clubs with De La and Cron Car fielding teams in both yet neither supplied the premiers of 16B or 16A.

16A
Cronulla-Caringbah
Gymea Gorillas
Yarrawarrah Tigers (Premiers)
De La Salle

16B
Kurnell Stingrays (Premiers)
Cronulla-Caringbah
Sutherland Loftus United
De La Salle Caringbah

The Stingrays provided NO rep players despite going on to take out the 16B comp.

The Matthews Cup team was an underperforming bunch

Then take in what everyone else has said.

2 obvious choices. De La or Cron Car

samshark

Juniors
Frenzy, I dont think they have an under 17's anymore do they?
All these guys will just jump up to the under 18's to play with those who were still 17 this year.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
samshark said:
Frenzy, I dont think they have an under 17's anymore do they?
All these guys will just jump up to the under 18's to play with those who were still 17 this year.

Well they did in 2007 samshark. There's every chance though the makeup of the JL may change to come in line with the Natiniol U/20s

It was a weak comp as well with only 4 teams. Cron Car, Gymea, Aquinas (the rising new age De La) and Engadine. Black cats won it beating the Gorilla's in the GF.

Latest posts