What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
With the draw announced we now know that each team will have three jerseys in Season 2008.

When we get news on jerseys, stick it in here so we can keep up to date.

There will be some clubs whose H&A strips are unlikely to change apart from sponsorship - including Brisbane, Bulldogs and Parramatta - as their strips were new in 2007.

According to an earlier thread also, a new design for the Wests Tigers is in the offing.

And as mentioned above the third jersey for each club will be a representation of their districts first NSWRL club. :crazy: Below is a list I'll attempt to compile:

Brisbane
Home - Same?
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - Yellow top/Maroon bottom (similar to Lang Park opening strip in 02 or 03 IIRC)

Bulldogs
Home - Same?
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - Butcher stripes as per the past few years heritage strip... although we did play in a maroon and sky blue Vee strip early on too.

Canberra
Home -
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - Lime green? Not sure tbh

Cronulla
Home - Same
Away -
Heritage R6 - Sky blue with White Vee?

Gold Coast
Home - Same
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Giants strip (grey and black)?

Manly Warringah
Home - Same?
Away - Likely to change?
Heritage R6 - Maroon with White Vee?

Melbourne
Home -
Away -
Heritage R6 - 1998 style strip, or VRL (navy and white double Vee) style?

Newcastle http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=3857069&postcount=103
Home - Changed
Away - Changed
Heritage R6 - TBA

North Queensland
Home - Likely to change?
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - mid-chest horizontal bars strip from 95, white top grey bottom (IIRC?)

Parramatta
Home - Same
Away - Same
Third - Same
Heritage R6 - similar strip to this years retro?

Penrith
Home - Same?
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Fugged if I know

St George Illawarra
Home - Same
Away - Minor alterations
Heritage R6 - blood and bandages?

South Sydney
Home - Same
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Same jersey without the panels?

Sydney Roosters
Home - Same
Away - Same?
Heritage R6 - tricolour bars ala 2007

Wests Tigers http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=3842298&postcount=72
Home - Changed
Away - Changed
Heritage R6 - Two strips, one for each

Warriors
Home - Same
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Auckland RL jersey ala 2007?

innsaneink

Referee
We might use the Magpies design against Saints at the SCG in rd. 1 & Balmain design V Souths rd. 6 same venue.

Timmah

Staff member
That sounds like a bloody excellent idea. Imagine seeing the black jersey with white vee against the good ol' Red Vee :crazy:

Wests1967.gif
v
Dragons1967.gif

Timmah

Staff member
WTF? F**king get over it dude, does it really bother you that much?

Saints

Not sure on sponsor status. The original deal with St George Bank was four years, 2004-2007 inclusive. I've not seen anything to indicate whether or not this has been renewed.

Home jersey:
Same as far as I'm aware.

Away jersey:
I believe it's still mostly red, but with some white features down the sides and the adidas strips going over the shoulders instead of down the sleeves. I've only seen a pretty dodgy photo of a brochure that may or may not be accurate.

Heritage:
Presumably the thick striped blood and bandages in round six.

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs

Mitsubishi Electric are still going. not sure about Yes Home Loans but they've only been on the back of the strip since 2006 so I guess we'll wait & see. Bankstown Sports would stay on the shoulders I'd imagine.

Timmah

Staff member
I was thinking that... similar to what they wore in 06 for one or two games.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Fingers crossed the Warriors wear the Auckland RL jersey instead of the god-awful (comparatively) 1995 Warriors jersey.

Home and away should remain the same for at least next year.

nqboy

First Grade
Hopefully, the Cowboys wear our 1995 jersey (a classic IMO) or an NQ Marlins jersey from the old State League. Just not that Townsvile abomination they brought out last year.

innsaneink

Referee
Timmah said:
That sounds like a bloody excellent idea. Imagine seeing the black jersey with white vee against the good ol' Red Vee :crazy:

Wests1967.gif
v
Dragons1967.gif

New style retros for us apparently, out by xmas.
Maybe really early days stuff

Timmah

Staff member
As long as they don't lower the white vee halfway down the chest like NZ did last weekend... :crazy:

nqboy

First Grade
Timmah said:
As long as they don't lower the white vee halfway down the chest like NZ did last weekend... :crazy:
Following the Aussie lead. A terrible look.

Timmah

Staff member
The liftout in todays Tele with the draw in it seems to have a Tigers jersey in the same design as previous years but with white instead of black or orange :? - would that hold any credence?