What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It'd be stupid of them to not change both together tbh.

taste2taste

Juniors
It would be a nice touch if teams played the entire season in their original jerseys to celebrate the 100th year.

I like the NZ V Aus game being played 100 years to the day, and at the same venue, the SCG.

I believe round 6 is the heritage round because thats the same week end round 1 was 100 years back.

Im looking forward to the NRL's season 2008 tv ad. Hopefully some of that great black and white footage showing packed staduims and some of our games legends. No more hoodo gurus thats for sure.

Charlie124

First Grade
yakstorm said:
North Queensland's strip is based upon the old North Queensland representative side that played against touring Great Britain sides in 1928, 1932, 1936, 1946 and so on.

It's a relatively boring strip, but it's great it recognises the important contribution the region has had to Rugby League well before the Cowboys were even contemplated.

Cowboys also have a new home strip in 2008.

Newcastle will play in the 1908 Newcastle strip (Red and White strips I believe) in their Rnd 6 game.

Newcastle also have a new home strip in 2008.

Any pictures or descriptions of either of these jerseys (probably too early for the new 08 one but id be interested to see the old one)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
taste2taste said:
I like the NZ V Aus game being played 100 years to the day, and at the same venue, the SCG.

All well and good, but that's my sisters birthday.

I don't see the local Malaysian place putting the game on.

Callan Pk

Juniors
taste2taste said:
It would be a nice touch if teams played the entire season in their original jerseys to celebrate the 100th year.

I believe round 6 is the heritage round because thats the same week end round 1 was 100 years back.

Im looking forward to the NRL's season 2008 tv ad. Hopefully some of that great black and white footage showing packed staduims and some of our games legends. No more hoodo gurus thats for sure.

Theres also a game at the same ground between the same two teams as there was on day one, 100 years earlier, albeit in premier league
Balmain v Wests @ Birchy
20-Apr-1908 Balmain 24 (6-3-0) Wests 0 (0-0-0) 3000
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/1908.html

choc_soldier

Coach
Penrith's home and away jerseys are the same in 2008. Sanyo and Parkview are still on board - Tony Ferguson's Weightloss Program will be the sponsor below the number at the rear.

Our heritage jersey, I think, should be like the one-off we wore in 2006

waterhouse.JPG

(not to be confused with the 40th anniversary jersey we also had that year).

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Timmah said:
Penrith
Home - Same?
Away - Same
Heritage R6 - Fugged if I know

Home: Is changing to a new design
Alternate (Away): Staying the same
Heritage: Most likely the one shown above ^^^^.

_Johnsy

Referee
Here is a pic (black and white) of Balmain, Easts, Souths and Newcastle first jumpers

http://www.rl1908.com/History/founders.htm

Easts - Their jersey colours and design were styled on the playing strip of the 1899 Great Britain RU team to Australia.

Newwie - Sporting the local rugby representative colours of red and white (in hoops) Newcastle joined the NSWRL and were apparently known by some as the "Newcastle Rebels". from www.rl1908.com.au

Taniwha

Juniors
Old styled jerseys only look half good when using the old school material and without sponsors branded throughout the jersey. Thats photo of Brett Stewart in Manly's white V is dust.

newman

First Grade
I confirm that the Sharkies have a new away strip next year and that it will be predominantly black with some sky blue under the warwick farms. The current home jersey will remain and hopefully never changed.

Charlie124

First Grade
would love to find a colour picture of that cowboys/townsville 1914 jersey, if thats what we're wearing in rnd 6

Latest posts