What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The white one is two or three years old now, that would not surprise me.

runatme

Bench
yeah i think they will go with a black design this time around
like the one a few years back

Timmah

Staff member
It'll be good to have something fresh from the Sharks camp in terms of a jersey, I understand most hated the away strip.

Timmah

Staff member
Um, every team will be having a third strip for the heritage round.

Are you blind?

gong_eagle

First Grade
Timmah said:
Um, every team will be having a third strip for the heritage round.

Are you blind?

Um where does it say in the NRL article about a 3rd strip, it mentions the round, not strips, correct me if you will

Features of the draw see all Queensland teams playing each other twice, and a Heritage round in round 6 as the game celebrates exactly 100 years since the first premiership game.

gong_eagle

First Grade
J47H.jpg
65441986.jpg

Timmah

Staff member
They're the one's I'm imagining... whether or not they end up being it we'll see.

yakstorm

First Grade
North Queensland's strip is based upon the old North Queensland representative side that played against touring Great Britain sides in 1928, 1932, 1936, 1946 and so on.

It's a relatively boring strip, but it's great it recognises the important contribution the region has had to Rugby League well before the Cowboys were even contemplated.

Cowboys also have a new home strip in 2008.

Newcastle will play in the 1908 Newcastle strip (Red and White strips I believe) in their Rnd 6 game.

Newcastle also have a new home strip in 2008.

Timmah

Staff member
Newcastle are still required to hold onto the Away strip for a year aren't they?

yakstorm

First Grade
Techically no, main strips must be kept for 3 years (unless approved by licencing), alternatives only have a necessary lifespan of 2 years.

The Red strip was used in both 06/07, so they can change it. I haven't seen the Knights 2008 away strip yet however...

Tom Shines

First Grade
Note that once confirmed, all will be created as Mini Jerseys in the Wet Canvas forum.
New for this year includes a refined template, NRL and club logos and better sponsorship designs.

:)

Tom Shines

First Grade
gong_eagle said:
Manly will have a new away jersey for 08, I don't think they will have a 3rd strip
THey need to. THat's the same jersey they wore when they were back in the comp as Manly (2003). It's looking a bit tired on it.

Latest posts