What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C'mon Fitzy !!!

Brian Jackson

Juniors
Being a parra supporter for a long time, I have cringed at the number of times we have let talented player's go and then seen them shine for other clubs. I'm sick of our club being a nursery for the NRL.

I can understand it's not easy identifying and signing up all our promising youngsters to long-term deals but surely Hayne, Mateo, Inu, and Blake are exceptional talents and can be the cornerstone of our club for years to come. These guys should be priority signings and should'nt slip through our fingers.

C'mon Fitzy!

Pazza

First Grade
fitzy provides money for the footy club and i think he does a damn good job at it. he just needs to shut his mouth

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
got nothing to do with Fitzy,

its the coach and his staff who decide who to hire and fire

Hellsy

Immortal
Fitzy has some kind of hand in it... maybe not the upper, but he holds then pen to sign the money over so he has some kind of input

parra pete

Referee
Instead of flaying Fitzy, flay the players for not signing....
"You can't always get what you want, but if you try real hard you just might find, you get what you need"

Suitman

Post Whore
BJ,

I noticed you joined almost a year ago, and have only made 5 posts.
Don't know how much you read this board, but your question or statement has been discussed many times since you have joined.
We seem to be going over old ground here.

BTW, I agree with Hellsy. Fitzy would at least have some say, being the man who signs the cheques.

Suity

Brian Jackson

Juniors
Don't spend alot of time infront of the PC suitman but shoud find time to jump on here. I enjoy reading everyone's post's.

Let's just hope the power's at be retain the right players. We've one 2 lower grade titles in a row now. Let's hope these can guys who are making the step up want to be part of the next generation..

Suitman

Post Whore
Brian Jackson said:
Don't spend alot of time infront of the PC suitman but shoud find time to jump on here. I enjoy reading everyone's post's.

Let's just hope the power's at be retain the right players. We've one 2 lower grade titles in a row now. Let's hope these can guys who are making the step up want to be part of the next generation..

I think you'll find that is he general consensus.

BTW, you were a great little centre. :cool:

Suity

Pricey

Juniors
Twizzle said:
got nothing to do with Fitzy,

its the coach and his staff who decide who to hire and fire

if it isnt Fitzy, then who let JT, Widders, McKinnon, Jeremy Smith ect go, last season. Surely it wasnt BS.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pricey said:
if it isnt Fitzy, then who let JT, Widders, McKinnon, Jeremy Smith ect go, last season. Surely it wasnt BS.

retention committe, I think consisting of Hagan, Greg Mitchell, Tony Zappia and David Fairleigh, I'm not even sure whether Fitzy has a say other than signing off the cheques. Grant Jones and Rod Reddy may also be involved in some way as they're are the clubd talent scouts.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ok, was told that it's not really called a retention committee but it's a similar set up consisting of

Tony Zappia [coach's rep, basicaly Hage's talking head]
Greg Mitchell
Kevin Wise
Andrew Hill
Grant Jones or Rod Reddy [depending who's available for the meetings]

The Colonel

Immortal
Pricey said:

Should they have let Blake Green and Feleti Mateo go instead?

Latest posts