What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C'mon Fitzy !!!

Utey

Coach
I still don't think we should be rushing out and signing 5 year deals. These kids will wait and see whats on offer before they do anything. Most managers will make them test the open market closer to their contract being up.

Call me crazy, but I have faith that we will have a very very strong squad for the next couple of years. i have faith in our club to see that we are having a bit of talent make it through the ranks ala the early 80's.

There is one big problem with our retetion policy, we have to keep to a salary cap. If we had unlimitied funds we could have kept all those players and resign all the ones we have but there are rules there for all clubs and we have to abide by them. If some other club offers one of our up and comers more then we can then it's great for that player that our club brought thru can earn better money. Shame they can't do it with us, but thats the rules.
Without the salary cap the Cowboys, Tigers and Souths (pre Crowe and Holmes a Court) would have gone bust by now. There would be a bout 5 strong clubs and the rest would be cannon fodder.
I like the salary cap and would also like a draft introduced (but Terry Hill stuffed that).