What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Mazzman

Juniors
Why does Ben have to respond publicly about his contract in this way.
The club shouldn't have to make any public statements either.
Whoever is in charge needs to talk to our club captain privately and stop the media circus.
Presumably he signed the 2 year extension last October with some assurance Griffin would be there for the duration.
Unfortunately the start of the season has forced the club's hand and now we have a new coach.
If Ben wants to move on he should do so in a professional manner and with respect to the club he currently captains.

Mojo

Bench
My understanding is that his extension did not include any conditions regarding Hook.
Personally, I don't consider he has said anything other than he hasn't thought about it.
It would be preferable though if he'd just stay away from cameras and microphones.
It's boring apart from anything else.

Walpole

Juniors
It's quite remarkable that people think Flanagan will instantly make us good, even win us a comp. The Dragons have only won 1 premiership in the last 43 and that was when we had the best coach of all time with arguably the best back 5 of the last 20 or more years and a tough, ruthless pack, hand-picked by Bennett.

Flanagan's first point of order will likely be to bring in Kyle, hardly comparable to Darius, Costigan, Smith, Weyman etc.

Parko1310

Juniors
It's quite remarkable that people think Flanagan will instantly make us good, even win us a comp. The Dragons have only won 1 premiership in the last 43 and that was when we had the best coach of all time with arguably the best back 5 of the last 20 or more years and a tough, ruthless pack, hand-picked by Bennett.

Flanagan's first point of order will likely be to bring in Kyle, hardly comparable to Darius, Costigan, Smith, Weyman etc.
The club would surely be able to block that going through. The coach should have almost complete say in his roster, but there are occasions where it's appropriate to block any deal happening. That would be one of those occasions.

56to66

Juniors
How about we do a player swap with the Cowboys.
Reece Robson for Ben Hunt- we have extra cash for some big boppers?

Mojo

Bench
Quality halves aren't exactly dime a dozen.
Indeed. They're currently about $12 million a dozen.
He's under contract so the club holds the whip hand. The only way we will let him go is if the terms are highly beneficial to us. We're in a very strong position because we've got another bloody good and much younger halfback in our squad. If I were Hunt I'd be wanting Bud to step up to 7 and I'd want to play 6.
(I know I'm not Hunt though because I'm >66 yo, can't play footy and don't earn $squillions every year.)

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench

id take kyle flanagan under his dads watch 100%

Illusion

Bench
Flan(n)o’s first and only statement about Hunt should be this:

“Ben is contracted to the club for the next two years. He will play wherever I tell him to and should be grateful for the opportunity. If he proves himself worthy, he will retain the captaincy”.
Spot on , exactly this 👏