What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

redv13

Bench
your right mate, but sloan cant afford to miss ten minutes training let alone ten weeks.
You’re spot on. The injury to Sloan is disappointing and not what he and the team needs after this years debacle. Not ideal but definitely not in the disaster basket just yet.

At the end of the day 2024 could be Sloan’s last legitimate chance at 1st grade fullback for Saints as I’m sure Flanno won’t cop his crap for another season and if Sloan doesn’t pull his socks up quickly he could be sent packing to another club

Murfy

Juniors
10 weeks injury is return to play isn’t it? I’m sure he will be back running well before that even if it’s only in a straight line. So can only really see him missing a couple weeks of proper preseason training. No doubt the staff will have him on a watt bike or doing upper body stuff until then. Not a terrible thing when he needs to put on a bit of size and strength

jak

Bench
10 weeks injury is return to play isn’t it? I’m sure he will be back running well before that even if it’s only in a straight line. So can only really see him missing a couple weeks of proper preseason training. No doubt the staff will have him on a watt bike or doing upper body stuff until then. Not a terrible thing when he needs to put on a bit of size and strength
what he needs is to learn to tackle and be tackled, as flanno wanted get him in the ring and get him use to a bit off pain

justadragon

Bench
Or he can sit out a season and watch the Dragon's from the grandstand like us supporters if he really wants to feel what pain is really like.
Agree mate, trouble is at least half the squad should be sitting with him, then again they get paid regardless, so would they really care, especially Mr Hunt.

saintmar

Juniors
at least we have a VERY good world class old school Coach in Flanno! Theres a bit of Roy Masters in him, cant wait to see how the next 3 or 4 years unfolds, he will need at least 3 at the minimum to get us near Penrith and Brisbane but he has the footy head to do it!
W are in for a tough 18-24 months till we see some light with a new direction.
Enjoy the Tigers you will kill it.

Sloan could spend the time in the gym putting on some muscle.
Sloan is an ectomorph. They have a hard time putting on weight or muscle and are the opposite of a mesomorph, Greg Inglis for example, who could have been a top body builder if he chose. Dufty was an ectomorph. Usain Bolt was a mesomorph, as many top rated sprinters are.

denis preston

First Grade
Sloan is an ectomorph. They have a hard time putting on weight or muscle and are the opposite of a mesomorph, Greg Inglis for example, who could have been a top body builder if he chose. Dufty was an ectomorph. Usain Bolt was a mesomorph, as many top rated sprinters are.
A bit deep for this forum I would think. Obviously a lot of my mates wont take offence when I say that they are not fat they just have mesomorph jeans!

possm

Coach
at least we have a VERY good world class old school Coach in Flanno! Theres a bit of Roy Masters in him, cant wait to see how the next 3 or 4 years unfolds, he will need at least 3 at the minimum to get us near Penrith and Brisbane but he has the footy head to do it!
I'm sure Flano will weed out the players he wants to and then, everyone will see the difference between a fit squad and what we had this year.