What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

dannyt

Coach
Respect is probably not the correct term but have regard for their opinion / analysis indeed there are many however Ennis isn’t one of them

Indeed almost all of the talking heads on Fox & 9 fall into the wise in hindsight mould.

Tallis however has shown himself to be thoughtful and judicious in what he says and whilst I don’t always agree with him I believe he is earnest in his beliefs / statements and that he clearly thinks things through.

Whikst I find Cronk annoying at times especially his whiney little voice no doubt he is a good student of the game as is Cameron Smith and those 3 are light years in front of the likes of Ennis.

Edit: I forgot to put Slater in he runs absolute rings around Ennis.
Good to see that you don't feel all of the next generation are a bunch of morons!

blacksafake

First Grade
Respect is probably not the correct term but have regard for their opinion / analysis indeed there are many however Ennis isn’t one of them

Indeed almost all of the talking heads on Fox & 9 fall into the wise in hindsight mould.

Tallis however has shown himself to be thoughtful and judicious in what he says and whilst I don’t always agree with him I believe he is earnest in his beliefs / statements and that he clearly thinks things through.

Whikst I find Cronk annoying at times especially his whiney little voice no doubt he is a good student of the game as is Cameron Smith and those 3 are light years in front of the likes of Ennis.

Edit: I forgot to put Slater in he runs absolute rings around Ennis.
Agree with most OT.
I also like James Graham & don’t mind Girdler.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hated us though?

I never heard what happened there but supposedly he was on the nose with the rest of the squad?
I thought he just got a better offer. Didn't he go to Broncos then when they had a decent squad? It was during the Nathan Brown period were Saints had quite a few options back then and he probably did not cut it. Browny always went juniors fist if they were better. Dean Young took his spot so there was probably politics as well to put him on.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Indeed both offer good commentary.

Spud Carroll also speaks from a position of fairness and is often insightful and not populist like Ennis who shits me to tears especially when he starts with the "yes Vonney" stuff.
And OT when they cross back to the studio from the ground ol Vonney always starts with Mal Meninga, Michael Ennis and Copper Cronk before she says a word about the game or anything1..I don't know why but her introduction to those 3 pisses me off......I must be getting old err sorry older.....I'm already old lol

jay mac

Juniors
I thought he just got a better offer. Didn't he go to Broncos then when they had a decent squad? It was during the Nathan Brown period were Saints had quite a few options back then and he probably did not cut it. Browny always went juniors fist if they were better. Dean Young took his spot so there was probably politics as well to put him on.
Speaking of periods when we had options, remember when we let a young Hooker go to the cowboys because we had Cam McInnes then we lost him because we signed McCullough. I wonder how that young Hooker has been going at the cowboys.

SAP58

Juniors
Listening to Michael Ennis just talk about The Dragons & how Flanno will make a difference with some of the players incl Bird, Bud, Sloan & Sua. His last last comment “there is a good football team in there”. We all know he & Flanno are good mates I don’t know whether I am reading something into it but Michael seems to be talking differently about our side all of a sudden. I wonder if he will be part of our setup in 2024 ?

dannyt

Coach
Listening to Michael Ennis just talk about The Dragons & how Flanno will make a difference with some of the players incl Bird, Bud, Sloan & Sua. His last last comment “there is a good football team in there”. We all know he & Flanno are good mates I don’t know whether I am reading something into it but Michael seems to be talking differently about our side all of a sudden. I wonder if he will be part of our setup in 2024 ?
You mean Ennis said something positive about our side?

Not sure how much truth to it, but I was told when Ennis came to Dragons it was always going to be only for 1 year. Apparently Broncos wanted him but couldn't sign him until the year after. We were his gap year. Not sure why he wouldn't just stay the extra year with Knights though, unless they wanted him gone.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Not sure how much truth to it, but I was told when Ennis came to Dragons it was always going to be only for 1 year. Apparently Broncos wanted him but couldn't sign him until the year after. We were his gap year. Not sure why he wouldn't just stay the extra year with Knights though, unless they wanted him gone.
Back on topic
Thinking Flanno has to make the move NOW
there is just too much to attend to and must be done now
meeting on monday will more than likely see the back of Hunt , unless Haran is punted or he is shown a list of potential signings for 2024
Im sure SF is sifting through the roster and there will be a huge fire sale prior to seasons end
would like to see some of the youngsters given a go over the next 10 weeks
cant do any worse than some at present
some observations from last night
Feagai ..embarrassing in defence ...papers should be marked bye bye
Sloan must be in the side but where do you play him 6 or wing ?
Would experiment with Lomax in back row
Are Lawrie and Bird busted or just playing ordinary
Thought Carr was going ok but he hasnt fixed our abysmal defence out wide
If they arent following instruction , piss em off

TruSaint

Referee
Carnage please.

42f02467f83084fe8a93f2c14e4d4765d4de47fb