What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Flanno

Old Timer

Coach
If Flanagan has any brains he will be attending or if not sending some significant minders along to our Mad Monday otherwise he might be working with a reduced squad well before the season starts.

Our blokes aren't known for their self discipline and the NRL are always looking for someone to punish especially from the lower placed teams.

Trifili13

Juniors
If Flanagan has any brains he will be attending or if not sending some significant minders along to our Mad Monday otherwise he might be working with a reduced squad well before the season starts.

Our blokes aren't known for their self discipline and the NRL are always looking for someone to punish especially from the lower placed teams.
Hopefully they run a muck, the NRL bans them, and we can cancel their contract with no payment for bringing the club and game into disrepute. This is one way to free up cap space of deadwood.

denis preston

First Grade

Would doubt if he gets involved and even more doubt that he would take advice from you !

jay mac

Juniors
We need to see some signings soon.
I don't see as finishing above bottom 4 next year with our current roster
Flanno has his work cut out for him
Despite the disappointing position on the ladder in 2023, I'm actually optimistic about an improved position in 2024 even if it is with the same roster. Of 23 games played so far this season, we have won 5 and been beaten by 10 points or less in 10 other games. That's 15 games that we've been right in it and from my view on each of those games, its been a few tough calls or poor confidence that has cost us. Apart from a few periods during the season, like when Hunt requested the release, i feel we've been really competitive, which is more than can be said for the likes of the Bulldogs. We've also had a run of injuries that would challenge any of the top teams. Most of the 2nd half of the season, we've been missing 6-7 of our top 17 through injuries and suspension, which would make any team struggle yet we've still competed despite having little to play for. So, there's some resolve in our squad.

I'm confident Flanno can instill some confidence, composure and discipline into this playing group, and if he does we will push for the top 8. Would still love to recruit a proper metre-eater to partner Blocker up front though.

St Tangles

Bench
Despite the disappointing position on the ladder in 2023, I'm actually optimistic about an improved position in 2024 even if it is with the same roster. Of 23 games played so far this season, we have won 5 and been beaten by 10 points or less in 10 other games. That's 15 games that we've been right in it and from my view on each of those games, its been a few tough calls or poor confidence that has cost us. Apart from a few periods during the season, like when Hunt requested the release, i feel we've been really competitive, which is more than can be said for the likes of the Bulldogs. We've also had a run of injuries that would challenge any of the top teams. Most of the 2nd half of the season, we've been missing 6-7 of our top 17 through injuries and suspension, which would make any team struggle yet we've still competed despite having little to play for. So, there's some resolve in our squad.

I'm confident Flanno can instill some confidence, composure and discipline into this playing group, and if he does we will push for the top 8. Would still love to recruit a proper metre-eater to partner Blocker up front though.
I hope you are right.
I just don't see it.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hopefully they run a muck, the NRL bans them, and we can cancel their contract with no payment for bringing the club and game into disrepute. This is one way to free up cap space of deadwood.
Hey Trifili, there is a good chance of that happening with Musgrove. He has history for doing that. Lets hope history repeats.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
That report states that Saints don't have much to spend for 2024. You hear conflicting articles about Saints cap. Some say that Saints are in a very good position to recruit and others say they are tight and will find it hard to add to their squad.

I find it hard to believe that after releasing all these players this season and not replacing them that they would be in a bad position for the cap. I thought the reason for not brining in troops was to help put the club in a very good position cap wise for next season. Ben Haran on the Dragons Den podcast said the cap is in a good state for next season so I would take his word I suppose over a journalist looking for click bait.

qld redvee

Juniors
That report states that Saints don't have much to spend for 2024. You hear conflicting articles about Saints cap. Some say that Saints are in a very good position to recruit and others say they are tight and will find it hard to add to their squad.

I find it hard to believe that after releasing all these players this season and not replacing them that they would be in a bad position for the cap. I thought the reason for not brining in troops was to help put the club in a very good position cap wise for next season. Ben Haran on the Dragons Den podcast said the cap is in a good state for next season so I would take his word I suppose over a journalist looking for click bait.
slip,
we havent got much to spend because we havent got a lot of spots to fill . thats why flanno is tapping as many players on the shoulder as he can , we start saving their money and spot