What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra Kai

Game_Breaker

Coach
Btw, was Kreese’s stunt double deliberately made to look fake?

Not sure if it was a funny nod to the 80s or just a bad choreography
Reminds me of Michael Jordan’s mums stunt double in a commercial they made

myrrh ken

First Grade
its the equivalent of the Kardashians or whatever rubbish my wife watches, for blokes.

I ate it up

mackdadday

Juniors
This show is mercurial. Hopefully Miguel doesn't mind sensei banging his mum.

Geez it's lucky the little girl Daniel rescued in that village of illiterates 30 years ago went on to become vice president of sales for Toyona. There is a life lesson in that.

Mark B

Juniors
Not an asian fan at all but yeah i would
One of the good ones when it comes to nostalgia. The original film was one of the best from my childhood. Just wish they could find Daniel’s Mongoose 24 from the original. Those bike are very rare these days. To see Johnny back is awesome. William Zabka deserved the Hollywood comeback and his character development in Kobta Kai from douche to good guy makes the show. Ralph Macchio is also very good, but his hair piece is a bit too obvious.

nöyd

Staff member
Has anyone gotten through this yet? It fell well short of previous seasons IMO.
Yeah I got through it but it did drag, if there was no tournament at the end of the season I may not have watched past 4 or 5 eps.

I don't think I've ever seen an actor so dis-interested in his role as much as the kid playing Miguel. He honestly looked like he couldn't give a toss toward the end.

It's entertaining enough, but seems like its really starting to become a vehicle for all the old cast to relive past glories (other than the main players like Daniel, Johnny and Kreese, who are probably the only ones left worth watching, but even Kreese's intensity has died in the arse).

Callbacks to Terry Silver, which piqued the curiosity but imo fizzled out, Chozen (again), even Mike Barnes was mentioned by name ffs. Wouldn't suprise me to see Hilary Swank show up at some point. /s

Robbie is also 0 for 2 in tournament finals, you can't back him in enough to win next season, especially if he does reunite with his father, who I would expect to train him.

Valheru

Coach
Yeah I got through it but it did drag, if there was no tournament at the end of the season I may not have watched past 4 or 5 eps.

I don't think I've ever seen an actor so dis-interested in his role as much as the kid playing Miguel. He honestly looked like he couldn't give a toss toward the end.

It's entertaining enough, but seems like its really starting to become a vehicle for all the old cast to relive past glories (other than the main players like Daniel, Johnny and Kreese, who are probably the only ones left worth watching, but even Kreese's intensity has died in the arse).

Callbacks to Terry Silver, which piqued the curiosity but imo fizzled out, Chozen (again), even Mike Barnes was mentioned by name ffs. Wouldn't suprise me to see Hilary Swank show up at some point. /s

Robbie is also 0 for 2 in tournament finals, you can't back him in enough to win next season, especially if he does reunite with his father, who I would expect to train him.

In regards to the tournament results it was very difficult as the viewer to not root for Robbie and Tory given their character arcs but you didn't want Kreese/Silver to win. Hawk as a winner was just bizarre given the character got barely any screen time for 3 quarters of the series. Johnny looks completely inept as a sensei now with Eagle Fang finishing 6th or whatever it was.

A big part of the issue for me is this obsession by the writers of re-visiting and continuing the Daniel/Johnny rivalry. Sure, there will always be some level of bickering and a different approach but they had 3 seasons to hash it out and resolve it which I thought they did last season. This season would have been much better served with them staying united.

Daniel completely ignoring and disregarding the agreement with Kreese for reasons.... makes him look weak and dishonest. At least have Tori tell him about the bribing so he has suitable cause to make that decision as far as the viewer is concerned. Although I must say the bribing wasn't even that compelling of a reason to doubt the result given the only thing the ref did was not deduct a point from Tori for the elbow which was completely accidental.

The Silver stuff was ok at first but fell of the rails a bit. The ending makes me intrigued for next season. He specifically stated he would get some "old friends" to help run Cobra Kai, that really could only mean Mike Barnes.

nöyd

Staff member
Tori telling Robbie that she wants to win the tourney so she can legit say she was the best at something - ergo she has to speak up about the bribery of the ref now.

Daniel mentioned Barnes by name when he and Johnny were at the bar drinking (again). I agree they need to drop the rivalry, it's purely being used as a storyline safety net, which ultimately weakens Johnny every time Daniel goes sobbing to Myagi's grave. Daniel is redeemed, poor Johnny looks like the failure. Again.

People give John Wick shit for going ham on everyone after his dog is killed. ffs how long is Johnny and Daniel going to hang on to this tournament from 30 years ago? It started out good for lols, now it's fast becoming tired and repetitive.

Although I must say the bribing wasn't even that compelling of a reason to doubt the result given the only thing the ref did was not deduct a point from Tori for the elbow which was completely accidental.
Ref also denied Sam a point when Tori stepped out after she was hit

Avenger

Immortal
These kids can't stay under 18 forever which is why there should be an over 18's tournament introduced and a senior tour with Lawrence finally beating the unco that is Laruso. Hopefully in Season 5 Laruso's bully POS son comes out as a non binary and wins the first "All Valley amoeba award".

Latest posts