What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Illusion

Bench
If anything it would be more likely Dufty would go to 6 and Ramsey to 1. I know a lot of people bag the idea but without question if the move were to happen tomorrow Dufty would be able slide into the halves without issue but Cody is years away from being a 5/8. Dufty has a bit of bulk on Ramsey plus already has the passing game and even a bit of a kicking game. There are plenty of running 5/8s that barely even kick the ball anyway like Greg Bird, Jack Bird etc. All this being said I think what will actually happen is Sullivan will replace Norman at 6 next year and then once Hunt retires Amone will probably move into the 6 shifting Sullivan to 7.
Mate my biggest gripe is why can't Cody and Dufty be in the same team now and in the future , both players bring something different .....

BLM01

First Grade
Keeping in mind he has a long career ahead of him I want to give a quick synopsis...

He burst onto the scene in the Nines then many months later made a name for himself quickly for showing some dash and being the only Dragons player that looked like he cared about playing first grade. Immediate cult hero status from a thirsty supporter base.

Now he is a regular he has looked fairly average. I'm a fan but that is a fair assessment of his season 2021. That's on him. We've got 18 and 19 year olds killing at other clubs.

Injury has afforded him a chance at his preferred position, excitement builds and...should have scored against the Sharks but was run down and well, if he isn't going to put in a decent showing against the Tigers then the unwanted Dufty slides straight back in. Now you have half the Dragons contingent calling him a fullback and half the Dragons fans are calling him a winger. As I said a few weeks back, I'd have a Feagai in for him at the moment as he needs to bulk up and go find himself.

Thats harsh
What has Feagai done to push Ramsay out of a wing spot
Ramsay was still feeling the affects of that ankle / sprain as his running lately not on complete balance especially after the injury and last week + he was slowing down looking for support as he knew he would not make it
He played last week because we needed him and we were well short..FACT
Out of young players he has been the one (whilst not there yet) that has showed most speed in adapting to the physicality of 1st grade WIWO for 80 mins.
I am still not sure about fullback long term for him, maybe it is wing but I will be watching how he develops..but he is a walk up start in our 13 ATM

thebigredv

First Grade
Thats harsh
What has Feagai done to push Ramsay out of a wing spot
Ramsay was still feeling the affects of that ankle / sprain as his running lately not on complete balance especially after the injury and last week + he was slowing down looking for support as he knew he would not make it
He played last week because we needed him and we were well short..FACT
Out of young players he has been the one (whilst not there yet) that has showed most speed in adapting to the physicality of 1st grade WIWO for 80 mins.
I am still not sure about fullback long term for him, maybe it is wing but I will be watching how he develops..but he is a walk up start in our 13 ATM

Both Feagais have scored half as many tries as he has on a quarter of appearances. Dufty has scored twice as many tries with less appearances.

The focus is on Ramsey because we are desperate for a strike player, for POINTS from a player that can hold his own in defence. Ramsey made the same defensive errors and ball drops dufty has been last night. The juniors should fight it out for these positions and for mine either of the twins and Dufty are more deserved for the next game. He shouldn't be playing injured, he's not that good a player yet.

BLM01

First Grade
Both Feagais have scored half as many tries as he has on a quarter of appearances. Dufty has scored twice as many tries with less appearances.

The focus is on Ramsey because we are desperate for a strike player, for POINTS from a player that can hold his own in defence. Ramsey made the same defensive errors and ball drops dufty has been last night. The juniors should fight it out for these positions and for mine either of the twins and Dufty are more deserved for the next game. He shouldn't be playing injured, he's not that good a player yet.
Your first paragraph does not wash as a poor comparison. Matt Feagai has had 1 game and been the recipient to fall over the line,against the Dogs!!!. Dufty has only played fullback.

By the way Ramsay should have had 3 tries in his 1st game on the right wing. he got 2. Better debut

Ramsay may not be the fullback answer but I have seen him a lot more around the ball and support than Dufty in his early days at fullback.

I agree everyone should fight for a posiiton. We have no options with Dufty out. 1 ball drop from Ramsay when bumped in the air. Like all players he too is learning the art of fullback at the elite level.
You still have not provided any decent comparison to support performances at NRL level for the twins over Ramsay apart from your own emotion and disappointment with the team performance which I get

thebigredv

First Grade
Your first paragraph does not wash as a poor comparison. Matt Feagai has had 1 game and been the recipient to fall over the line,against the Dogs!!!. Dufty has only played fullback.

By the way Ramsay should have had 3 tries in his 1st game on the right wing. he got 2. Better debut

Ramsay may not be the fullback answer but I have seen him a lot more around the ball and support than Dufty in his early days at fullback.

I agree everyone should fight for a posiiton. We have no options with Dufty out. 1 ball drop from Ramsay when bumped in the air. Like all players he too is learning the art of fullback at the elite level.
You still have not provided any decent comparison to support performances at NRL level for the twins over Ramsay apart from your own emotion and disappointment with the team performance which I get

Can you say Ramsey is improving as a player?? He has had an average season and his build makes him ineffective at kick returns. If he was busting tackles a few times a game that would be different. The twins have size and are mobile. Matt looked amazing before he got injured on debut.

I don't particular know that Feagai will mean more potency or points in the long run but Griffin has come out and said we will ditch Dufty and won't be recruiting so he better try a thing or two or we will be starting next season with another question mark over the number 1 position again.

getsmarty

Immortal
I don't know what people expect when we have so many starters out.....We never had the depth to start with and now it is depleted.....
Griffin is aware that a massive rebuild is needed....he is no fool....it will take a number of years to fix the damage done by others....winning our 1st 4 or so games ( Excluding Sharks Round 1 ) was a false dawn...add to that the Fact that with so many players out we have not fielded a consistent side for weeks ..apart from those opening games.

We are in the market....It is tough to watch @ the moment , but I would rather have guys like Griffin/Gentle/Elliot/nighty/soward involved in the rebuild....

Hopefully when we start to get a few bodies back...we will start to be competitive again....This year is basically a right off.

Let's all hang in there....

The calm one

Juniors
I don't know what people expect when we have so many starters out.....We never had the depth to start with and now it is depleted.....
Griffin is aware that a massive rebuild is needed....he is no fool....it will take a number of years to fix the damage done by others....winning our 1st 4 or so games ( Excluding Sharks Round 1 ) was a false dawn...add to that the Fact that with so many players out we have not fielded a consistent side for weeks ..apart from those opening games.

We are in the market....It is tough to watch @ the moment , but I would rather have guys like Griffin/Gentle/Elliot/nighty/soward involved in the rebuild....

Hopefully when we start to get a few bodies back...we will start to be competitive again....This year is basically a right off.

Well said mate. Stay calm

mickeylane

Bench

100% agree we have a group of very smart and shrewd operators in charge of our team...I'm confident as well...remember the last group of operators..

LINESPEED

Juniors
Mate my biggest gripe is why can't Cody and Dufty be in the same team now and in the future , both players bring something different .....

It comes down to poor judgment on Hook’s part IMHO

... and a current propensity to deal in hypotheticals
(“in our plans moving forward”)
about players yet to perform.

Duff is a bird in the hand,

... and that’s worth 2 in the bush?

especially on a shortening contract.

I still maintain we’d’ve been Top 4 had Duff been groomed & played at 6 this year.

Teflon is Hook’s (and ours)
Mc Fail era Achilles heel

.... & Hook can’t,
or stubbornly won’t,
recognise it

History repeating...

Another coach now totally deaf to a Forum that knows its footy -

and what ‘Dragons footy’ has sadly become.

We can, however, play the waiting game

... as Aitken took down his buddy, so too will Hook’s.

And Hook’s poor judgment re hacks is just as likely to deliver us Milford next

...as he goes down trying to recreate some mythical bygone past

Quelle domage
Quelle horreur

... and Gould must be smiling
knowingly

Last edited:

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
I still maintain we’d’ve been Top 4 had Duff been groomed & played at 6 this year.
I was never sold on the Dufty at six notion that got a lot of airplay here.

That is until the Melbourne game when he repeatedly pushed Norman out of second receiver and the team looked 100% better.

I reckon top 4 would have been a stretch and I've seen nothing to suggest he has the long kicking game that would be required of the 5/8 in this Dragons team but gee it would have been nice to find out.