What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

thebigredv

First Grade
The horrible loss will overshadow it but if we win today there'd be a big hoohaa about Cody and his season of redemption.

Maybe it's only been a handful of games but let's not forget this kid has had to work on his body and also return from a horrible mouth injury that only a player who gives his all would receive, and all for the cause of the Red V. I was writing him off last year with his ineffectual kick returns so it goes to show the coach was right on this one.

His sheer speed and line running has been brilliant the last couple weeks and most importantly is finding his way to the line. Brought back those memories of Tingha which are the reason people go to the footy. Looks more and more steady out the back in defence, under the high ball and you can rely on him to put himself in the right place when sniffing around for the ball.

Easy to lose sight of this in a team going so awful but I just wanted to acknowledge Cody. I was ready for Sloan to have his breakout year and was pumping him up pre-season as not only the x-factor but positive cultural icon the club needed. Instead, for now, Ramsey is showing he has the determination and the ability to better our team, and let's hope he is now a mainstay for years to come.

Como Connection

First Grade
At fullback!
The horrible loss will overshadow it but if we win today there'd be a big hoohaa about Cody and his season of redemption.

Maybe it's only been a handful of games but let's not forget this kid has had to work on his body and also return from a horrible mouth injury that only a player who gives his all would receive, and all for the cause of the Red V. I was writing him off last year with his ineffectual kick returns so it goes to show the coach was right on this one.

His sheer speed and line running has been brilliant the last couple weeks and most importantly is finding his way to the line. Brought back those memories of Tingha which are the reason people go to the footy. Looks more and more steady out the back in defence, under the high ball and you can rely on him to put himself in the right place when sniffing around for the ball.

Easy to lose sight of this in a team going so awful but I just wanted to acknowledge Cody. I was ready for Sloan to have his breakout year and was pumping him up pre-season as not only the x-factor but positive cultural icon the club needed. Instead, for now, Ramsey is showing he has the determination and the ability to better our team, and let's hope he is now a mainstay for years to come.

Gareth67

First Grade
Dragons played well in patches , but simply outclassed by a more professional outfit that had a coach that knows how to get the very best from his players .

Unfortunately as much as it pains me to say it , the Big Red V will require a complete overhaul , including recruiting quality players , coaching staff and a complete change of attitude from the very people who run the club - they must be success oriented and be able to make the hard decisions come what may , all for the good of the team .

Gareth67

First Grade
I have only now realized that I have posted my comments on the game on the wrong thread - please see match thread to get value for your dollar .

Ramsey ? Always had the makings of a good player and once again has shown his value . It’s such a damn shame that he skills cannot be complimented by more quality teammates , as then he would truly become a far more dangerous player to opposition teams .

Last edited: