What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Walker Asks for Release from Rabbitohs

Frank Facer

First Grade
is Cody Walker the FB replacement for Dugan?
If Walker was the replacement for Dugan, I would be very happy with that. Walker is Souths shinning light in attack. I think he would look real good at fullback for us. I am not getting my hopes up about this one though.

thebigredv

First Grade
You're clutching at straws mate.

He is much more likely to go to the tigers for Moses.

Give it a week, Moses will be asking for a release from the Eels and Foran a release from the Bulldogs...

what a joke this is.

Crush

Coach
This is why we will never know if Dufty , or Field or Mann are any good playing fullback .
Hazz, dufty has been playing fullback every week for illawarra this year. If mary had put dufty in earlier he would have been crucified for playing him in nrl before he was ready. Same with field, before the season most were saying that if mary selected him in the firsts it would destroy his career.
Now people are saying fill the spine with field, dufty and mann?
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Whatever the coach does he will be criticised. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt here? He selected the team that won 6 of the first 7 games and we all,.me included, were bagging the selection of lafai, mccrone etc and they were great.
I'm going to cut the coach some slack given that widdop is out and even though I hate the idea of KFL playing in first grade again lets see what he has got.

hazzbeen

Bench
Hazz, dufty has been playing fullback every week for illawarra this year. If mary had put dufty in earlier he would have been crucified for playing him in nrl before he was ready. Same with field, before the season most were saying that if mary selected him in the firsts it would destroy his career.
Now people are saying fill the spine with field, dufty and mann?
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Whatever the coach does he will be criticised. Why not give him the benefit of the doubt here? He selected the team that won 6 of the first 7 games and we all,.me included, were bagging the selection of lafai, mccrone etc and they were great.
I'm going to cut the coach some slack given that widdop is out and even though I hate the idea of KFL playing in first grade again lets see what he has got.
Crush I understand what you are saying , but its not just this year , when we lost 7 in a row last year not much changed with team selections . Lets start blooding these young blokes give them a go , with Duges out we know Nighty will do a good job there , but this is where he needs to to give Dufty Field Mann a go not just 15min . Anyway lets see what and how things pan out . Lets hope we get back on track ......

mickeylane

Bench
No, put some faith in what was touted as the next best thing, Dufty. If Duges is going put him at FB while he is on origin duties, although that looks highly unlikely considering F.wits team selection this week.
I actually would love Dufty to come thru - i was personally really excited during the pre season having him come thru - need to see him in 1st grade - cant debut him in 2018 - no turning back then if he turns out soft!

grouch

First Grade
This player market is a f**king circus.
I can't remember the last time I had a genuine conversation about footy and not player movements.
It's ridiculous isn't it. Everyone is talking about who will be where next year, and this time next year, they'll be talking about who's going where in 2019. It's all a bit boring really

Goodbye josh hello cody! I'd be happy with that for a fraction of Dugans salary with cash to spare to upgrade and keep 3-4 other players I love duges but the going down busted after every tackle and huge salary demands are starting to scream prima Donna let it be some else's million dollar problem

grouch

First Grade
Goodbye josh hello cody! I'd be happy with that for a fraction of Dugans salary with cash to spare to upgrade and keep 3-4 other players I love duges but the going down busted after every tackle and huge salary demands are starting to scream prima Donna let it be some else's million dollar problem
Lol. You realise Cody Walker signed a 2 year extension late last year, so if this report is true, his salary demands are even more prima donna-ish, especially for a guy who has never played rep or finals football . You realise this, right? Tell me you're not that dumb

Lethal25

Juniors
Lol. You realise Cody Walker signed a 2 year extension late last year, so if this report is true, his salary demands are even more prima donna-ish, especially for a guy who has never played rep or finals football . You realise this, right? Tell me you're not that dumb
You can't be serious, the guys on $200k and is their prime play maker. He has carried the team for the last season and a half, surely that's enough of a track record to suggest he can handle this level and deserves to be paid accordingly. I understand he signed the contract but upgrades happen all the time. He's going better than Mitchell Moses and he's going to reportedly earn around $800k. You don't even know how much he's asked for other than more than the $200k he's currently getting, a fair stretch calling him a prima donna

Latest posts