What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody walker

thebigredv

First Grade
Jamal Fogarty has done pretty well...I think we were all hoping that Adam Clune was going to be similar, he's done ok but not at the same level

Jury is still out on clune. Pathetic halves to his side and soft forwards upfront. He didn't really step up in spite of all this but deserves the best part of another season under griffin to show his wares.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
2022 Cody walker would be a massive signing . He is a winner should target him with ossulivan at 7 move on norman and hunt.
I'd say we are only one or two years away from having some brilliant new halves available from our junior ranks. Right now we need someone like Maloney to help bring through these junior.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'd say we are only one or two years away from having some brilliant new halves available from our junior ranks. Right now we need someone like Maloney to help bring through these junior.
I know Griffin will try, I read his blog and he very much values experienced players. He wrote an article about how Qld can win origin this year if they pick Smith out of retirement. I’m not sure Maloney will come by all accounts he loves the south of France. I’m sure he will try to get a veteran or two though. It’s about getting the right one.

TruSaint

Referee
Walker is in a purple patch and deserves credit, but he's under contract and as many have mentioned will be 33 odd, so its a no.

Alex Johnston though was available.
Alex Johnston would have been a great addition to our average backline.
Alex Johnston stayed for unders.

We are on the nose at the minute. We need our new coach to make us more attractive. How many of our players would stay for unders ? How many players have we payed overs for during this decade ?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Walker is in a purple patch and deserves credit, but he's under contract and as many have mentioned will be 33 odd, so its a no.

We are on the nose at the minute. We need our new coach to make us more attractive. How many of our players would stay for unders ? How many players have we payed overs for during this decade ?
Yep we are badly on the nose but Titans were more in the nose, and suddenly have turned it around with a few good buys. If we build the same way Newcastle did with most local juniors and bag a Ponga type player it could all turn around. We should really have a good crack at Burton. We have Gale and Ellis who played with him at Dubbo. I’d get him on a back ended deal with him taking a good share of Norman’s coin. It’s a long shot but we have to try.

Dragsters

First Grade
The NSW origin team is a beauty, why do we only have a couple of them at our club?

We should sign them all.

What is Millward doing?

Really...

TruSaint

Referee
The NSW origin team is a beauty, why do we only have a couple of them at our club?

We should sign them all.

What is Millward doing?

Really...

I agree with your sentiment, but also acknowledge that we are not a favourable destination at the minute.

That may change if we start getting results on and off the field.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I agree with your sentiment, but also acknowledge that we are not a favourable destination at the minute.

This.

We were almost at the point where we may be the only club who has a spot on in the top 30 and they'd still knock us back.

The season's just at it's end and i'm sure Griffin has some sights on players he wants. Some may still be playing into the finals, some just leave everything up to their manager.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Me thinks pink text may have been required

BLM01

First Grade

Especially not a destination when a female so called expert analyst predicts us to get the spoon next year
Then again that maybe a positive as you can’t get much lower expectations than that

Dragsters

First Grade

I agree mate.

I just think the premise of this thread is laughable...

possm

Coach

We should sign them all.

What is Millward doing?

Really...
For each signing we pay overs on a back ended deal, we need to catch up during the contract. The fact we did not replace like for like or better and even did not replace at all, tells me we are in catch up mode.

Having Widdop, Norman and Hunt in our squad all at the same time must have put a big strain on our cap and maybe we are still paying for that.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For each signing we pay overs on a back ended deal, we need to catch up during the contract. The fact we did not replace like for like or better and even did not replace at all, tells me we are in catch up mode.

Having Widdop, Norman and Hunt in our squad all at the same time must have put a big strain on our cap and maybe we are still paying for that.
Who do you think we should sign, and do you think we should revert to playing at one home ground?

RPG437

Juniors

On the nose is spot on!

Latest posts