What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffin Gnail Gnumber 1

fizman

Bench
Frenzy, I think you are being very very harsh on Kimmorley. Dykes was very poor tonight in my opinion and if you were consistant in your assessment, he would be given the same criticism.

In fact, I would be doubley harsh because he has the longer kicking game and didn't use it at all. He was pretty poorly positioned on the 5th tackle alot in the 2nd half.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
fizman said:
Frenzy, I think you are being very very harsh on Kimmorley. Dykes was very poor tonight in my opinion and if you were consistant in your assessment, he would be given the same criticism.

In fact, I would be doubley harsh because he has the longer kicking game and didn't use it at all. He was pretty poorly positioned on the 5th tackle alot in the 2nd half.
find out what is going on before you have a crack at the kicking games.
dykes is 2nd choice kicker. his first kick of the night resulted in a try. it was perfect.
kmmorley is the main kicker & is now how many games without a result?
FTR, Sticky was happy with the kicking game considering the conditions.

kimmorley has to go, so we can evaluate the rest of the team. properly.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Sharks7 said:
Does anyone have a clue what Dykes was trying on first tackle from the scrum where he kicked on our own 10 :?

Obviously he was trying to use the breeze to his advantage but surely that wasn't the time.

set play. raiders did it vs melbourne and scored.

would of worked if it wasnt for those medaling kids.

Shark

Bench
We only lost by 2! Not too bad.

And I thought we were lucky not to get pinged for an obstruction with one of our tries. Then again, should half an elbow count as 'control of the ball?'

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
I've said for years to anyone who will listen.........Hane hates us. Thats not all there is to our loss but its a contributing factor along with all the other wise things stated before this post. Here comes the fluffy part: Chins up fellas theres always next week.

chili pepper

Bench
samshark said:
What about the difference between the two halfbacks.
Prince is light years ahead of Kimorley

and there was where the game was won and lost ...Prince was the difference. Such a good kicking game

Frenzy.

Post Whore
All this Fraser Anderson love only goes to show what a bunch of Flash Judges we have posting here.

He needed to do some good things to make up for the atrocities of the first half. Running into touch on the first tackle. Poor offensive reads on many occasions. Poor kick option. His try and very good run were redemption only. He has months to go before he's up to speed.

fizman - I don't believe I am being harsh on Kimmorley at all. For one thing I only spoke of his kicking game which whatever Stuart says was fuggin diabolical. If the conditions were bad for kickers then smart kickers would of used tghe very same conditions to make it next to impossible for "catchers". There can be little excuse offered for kicking down Presto's throat all first half. There can be minor excuses for misdirected bombs in the second half gale but why the fugg were we bombing from halfway rather than pinning them in their own "red zone".

The next thing is I haven't started on anyone else yet. Last night was so 2006 it is depressing. Boring middle third, unidimensional play again. Many, many offloads due not so much to good offloading skills as due to necessity because there was no penetration at all. Centres didn't see the ball off clean passes. Bird was good but way down on last week and was back to the same boring hit up and attempt offload at or just after collision. Forwards looked to be asleep or bored. Dykes was lost and must of had his biorythyms askew or something because apart from the fluke try nothing he did went right.

Thank the lord we have Covell. So far ahead as the best player from out on the wing the others should be embarrassed (and even he committed some atrocities)

The axe needs to fall now, not in 2 weeks or 3 weeks or after so many other chnaces like Raper did. NOW. Strike while the iron is hot and send that message out that you are not safe if you don't perform NOW.

For me this is a test of Sticky's mettle.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
j0rd0_ShArKs said:
who would go and who would you bring in Frenz?

Kimmorley/Dykes - gggoorrrrrrrrnnnnneeeeeee

Kearney/Seymour - halves

Dustin Cooper in the 1.

Leave the 3/4s and see how they go with some football coming their way.

In the meantime I'd be looking for another hooker. Till I found one I'd be swapping deGois and Kinga. I'm thinking Scottie Porter might make a good 9 though.

Ciraldo is getting into gifted game territory IMO. He needs to get his finger out. Why we'd have him on the bench when we have an operator like Perenara in reggies is a bit beyond me.

My suspicion is that Ricky's loyalty to most encumbents will where very thin, very fast. Mine wore out last night.

Latest posts