What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colin Best Signs for 2 Years

dubby

Bench
Wow, this is great news. Finally we have a big strong winger who can finish off moves AND is a known try scorer.

I wonder if he will move to the centres in place of Mogg, or will Howell or Purtell end up in there?

Like its been said in here, Graham, Best and Shif are very quick. I like our backline next year already! :)

terrible signing, what can he do to make a line break by himself,
we need a strong winger like Nandruku and Vainikolo, c'mon whats going on here

Chachi

Bench
Canberra Times had an article today with a quote from Marshall Chalk along the lines of "I think the club is happy with me, so hopefully I'll be re-signing soon." (can't remember the exact words). He obviously either doesn't mind the move to the second row or thinks his role will change with Henry on board. I assume he'll be playing full back next week with Choc out though.

The article also states club officials are talking to Jim Banaghan about Campese and Rothery.

aussies1st

Staff member
Hopefully Chalk stays as the fullback position will be made open soon. In the mean time he might become a good 2nd rower.

thickos

First Grade
True - yet he has the speed and versalitility to play in the backline, including fullback. Very handy attribute and I hope he stays.

Paullyboy

Coach
I only saw the highlights from the weekends game courtesy of the NRL Video thing and noticed his try came when he was on the wing.

Did he play there on the weekend or was he just out there for that play?

Chachi

Bench
Interesting quote from Matt Elliott in todays CT - basically he said that he felt Chalkys best position is at fullback and that he'll be playing there this weekend (no surprise there).

He also said the usual stuff about how Chalk offers us something different to Schif when he's in the no 1 and he's becoming our mister fixit. I have to say, Chalk is becoming quite a valuable part of the squad and it's great news he and the club seem to be close to a contract agreement. He's sort of becoming the 'new Croker' IMO.

Paullyboy

Coach
He certainly has the potential to be one of our better players, I cannot wait to see how he goes this weekend.

aussies1st

Staff member
He scored a brillant try on the wing. He really should have stayed there but at least hes in our side and not wasting away in PL.

Latest posts