What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

colin best????

spooky

Juniors
Taken from a Hull news site a couple of days ago....

Despite an interest from NRL club St George-Illawarra Dragons, the 25-year-old is enjoying life in England and the Super League.

Best has made no secret of the fact that he would like to one day return home and prove a point in the NRL, but the former Cronulla Sharks winger believes Hull are on the brink of honours.

He wants to be part of the success story and said: "I'm enjoying it here. I have had a good year-and-a-half at the club and we're getting closer to winning something.

"I'd like to be involved and I'm more than happy to stay, hopefully the club and I can agree a deal and I don't see why not."

Looks very much like he'll be staying, but with Mcrae's future up in the air, who knows.

spooky said:
Taken from a Hull news site a couple of days ago....

Despite an interest from NRL club St George-Illawarra Dragons, the 25-year-old is enjoying life in England and the Super League.

Best has made no secret of the fact that he would like to one day return home and prove a point in the NRL, but the former Cronulla Sharks winger believes Hull are on the brink of honours.

He wants to be part of the success story and said: "I'm enjoying it here. I have had a good year-and-a-half at the club and we're getting closer to winning something.

"I'd like to be involved and I'm more than happy to stay, hopefully the club and I can agree a deal and I don't see why not."

Looks very much like he'll be staying, but with Mcrae's future up in the air, who knows.

Eh Up Spooks!

Didnt know you frequented here!

Jimmy (black n whitee)

To answer your original Q- yes Best is a very good player who has developed immensely, im glad that it looks as though he is staying

Dragons_#1

Bench
oh k thanks fellas.
there is still rumours that he has been linked with st george strongly over the past couple of days i think
not sure tho just rumours.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Very good winger, any club who gets him has a good player in their ranks. There's a topic in the Sharks forum however that he allegedly said something about not playing against the Sharks, so my guess is that he'll stay in Hull.

spooky

Juniors
That's a great signing for St George, he's been great at Hull and will be sorely missed. I hope to see him play rep footy in the next couple of years. Just watch out for the odd 'brain explosion'. :D

Wobbygong

First Grade
You can't blame him, any Aussie would know home is always a far better option than any UK shitehole like Hull.

He's probably playing for next to nothing at the Dragons.

Paullyboy

Coach
I cant believe someone said Colin Best was on the verge of Origin selection, thats getting a bit too carried away I think.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
in big league the season b4 he left it had the experts soo team and he was in all of them but i think ainscough amd macdougall got ahead of him.

deluded pom?

Coach
Wobbygong said:
You can't blame him, any Aussie would know home is always a far better option than any UK shitehole like Hull.

If that`s the case then why do so many of you "home loving " Aussies come here ? Oh yes I remember now , we have to have someone to work in the tourist pubs .

Wobbygong

First Grade
Listen here you smelly pommie bastard, more of your lot come out here and never go back to that shitehole.

Our expats, go have look around Europe, and invariably return to our fair shores, the only Aussies that stay more than two years are the professionals like Lawyers who can earn a shiteload of pounds, take jobs away from the poms and then come back home after 5 years to enjoy the spolis of victory.

Please don't ever try to compare Australia to England, the UK is a nice place to visit, but for god sake not to live.

P.S Isn't it time you took a bath, I hear your last one was over a month ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

suburbanknight

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Listen here you smelly pommie bastard, more of your lot come out here and never go back to that shitehole.

Our expats, go have look around Europe, and invariably return to our fair shores, the only Aussies that stay more than two years are the professionals like Lawyers who can earn a shiteload of pounds, take jobs away from the poms and then come back home after 5 years to enjoy the spolis of victory.

Please don't ever try to compare Australia to England, the UK is a nice place to visit, but for god sake not to live.

P.S Isn't it time you took a bath, I hear your last one was over a month ago. :lol: :lol: :lol:

graywanker.gif

bartman

Immortal
Wobbygong said:

Hmmm. Nathan Blacklock seems to have other ideas... :lol:

Sheddy

Juniors
De Vere, Fa'afili, Drew, Solomona, Blacklock, Davico and Vaealiki seem to think Super League is the place to go and shows how the competition is attracting a high standard of players.

Matt Adamson and Jason Smith return to the NRL :lol:

What does the NRL stand for again? National Retirement League? ;-)

Wobbygong

First Grade
Blacklock is well past his prime, and has been offered a very good two year deal why wouldn't you take it up. The Dragons have well documented salary cap problems so why wouldn't they be keen for him to be off their books.

He going to the UK to top up his super fund, like the majority of our players do, the best forward in England Morley, plays in the NRL (for significanlty less than he could earn in the UK) because he loves the lifestyle in Sydney and the fact he's playing in the best competition possible.

C'mon most of you poms probably come from the North of England, which would have to be the most depressing and miserable regions on Earth. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts