What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentators - Good and Bad

Graeme Hughes is the greatest commentator of all time with Rabs as a distant 2nd. Everyone else is average to awful.

Being in NZ, I only have to sit through the Channel 9 team during Origin and Grand Finals these days. It's amazing how far they've regressed when I do hear them after a sustained break. When will they learn that great players don't automatically equal great commentators? Cam Smith and Joey are just f**king awful. Joey panics after players get a hang nail, and will start claiming that they're "gone for the night/day", then most times they recover and play on. The only time I've seen him get it right is Origin 1 with the Walsh KO.

Victoire

Juniors
I try to console myself in the knowledge that, as a Kayo subscriber, I only have to tolerate Matt Thompson's irritating squawking sounds during Origin and the Grand Final. Maximum 4 times a year, if that. Imagine my sheer horror upon discovering that he is the swimming caller during the fkn Olympic games. On deck to butcher my ears during this event too. Jesus christ he SUCKS

mozza91

Coach
I find my hatred of Voss increasing weekly. Such an unfunny up himself merkin. Plays favourites and absolutely hates my inoffensive shitty little club. I mute it if he’s commentating a Knights game.

Haffa

I find my hatred of Voss increasing weekly. Such an unfunny up himself merkin. Plays favourites and absolutely hates my inoffensive shitty little club. I mute it if he’s commentating a Knights game.
Pair him with Ennis and it's unbearable.

I used to love Vossy but he f**king sucks now. Bias has crept into it for him.

Every Broncos game seems to be him Ennis and Corey Parker. All three are unbearable.

gUt

Coach
I don't mind most of the Fox callers and colour guys/experts. James Hooper is a waste of pixels of course.
The Channel 9 team are absolute gobshites the lot of them, with the exception of Lockyer who just says what he sees and doesn't seem to say much anyway. Less is more.

The best callers in the game are the ABC grandstand team. Their show gets me through half my weekend.

sammymills

Juniors
Who do you like? Who do you hate?

Thought of this as I listened to Vossy and Cronk today. Love them both.

Ennis is a surprising one for me. As a former ref, I hated his bs "gamesmanship ". He's a pest and I would have penalised him out of the game, him and Cameron Smith. But I do love his commentary.
i cannot stand blocker roach and he seems to get every single dragons game.

Nutz

Bench
I don't mind most of the Fox callers and colour guys/experts. James Hooper is a waste of pixels of course.
The Channel 9 team are absolute gobshites the lot of them, with the exception of Lockyer who just says what he sees and doesn't seem to say much anyway. Less is more.

The best callers in the game are the ABC grandstand team. Their show gets me through half my weekend.
Chan9 commentators are dead set dopey.
Agree with Lockyer being good. I wonder why his voice is croaky?

Nutz

Bench
I like Matty Nable's pre-game rev up. Here's Wiki'a comments.
Matthew Nable (born 8 March 1972) is an Australian film and television actor, writer, sports commentator and former professional rugby league player.
After playing in the Winfield Cup Premiership during the 1990s for the Manly-Warringah and South Sydney clubs, he wrote and starred in the rugby league-centred drama The Final Winter in 2007. Nable went on to act in films such as Killer Elite and Riddick. He appeared on The CW's Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow as Ra's al Ghul. As an author and as an actor, he is credited as Matt Nable, a name he generally used during his sports career.

Channel two or Chanel ten (whose the commentators)
I'm assuming Channel Ten. Most of the vid seems to be Moose Mossop.

The game she pops up on is Souths v Parra at the SCG. Rabs is the commentator here.

If you want to check it out yourself, the name of the YouTube channel is "Rugby League & Eagle Eric".

Wb1234

Referee
I'm assuming Channel Ten. Most of the vid seems to be Moose Mossop.

The game she pops up on is Souths v Parra at the SCG. Rabs is the commentator here.

If you want to check it out yourself, the name of the YouTube channel is "Rugby League & Eagle Eric".
Mossop is channel 7

I’ll have a look around

Can’t remember much channel 7 games though

Latest posts