What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

commentry: Fox vs CH9

lukesdogs

Juniors
who do you think has the better commentry teams. I would say hands down it is fox by a country mile. the differents is fox dont crap on about sh$% like CH9. Take tonight for instance the way CH 9 carried on about Thurston was ridiculous yes he did play origin and yes he had a grest game but so did others like Ryan who played most of the game wendsday and all 80min tonight and had a good game. also what was the point of having Gasnier on the com team in canberra he was all ways going o be pro dragans and against the raiders. FOX for me

Timbo

Staff member
That pissed me off having to listen to Gasnier all night.

It wasn't until we were up by 24 that he took his red and white goggles off.

Fair enough he's on the Ch. 9 payroll but allowing him to commentate on a Dragons game is rediculous.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I thought the first 9 game was good. They had every right to go on about Thurston as he was MOTM in both games and was crucial in both wins. Yes Ryan played well tonight but he went MIA in the 2nd half of Origin. To a neutral fan the commentary in the first game was good. 2nd game was awful..Matt Johns and Gasnier..diaboilical would be putting it nicely!

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think they're both terrible. The names that really make me cringe are Tallis (most incoherant) Pearce (biggest goose in commentary) Ikin (Captain cliche, probably because he doesn't have the guts to make a statement of his own).

bobmar28

Bench
I think they both do okay but if I had to choose commentators it would be Warren Smith and Laurie Daley.

Raider Azz

Bench
warren smith and laurie daley are by far the best commentary team - but even they have their problems.

Mr Saab

Referee
Greg Alexander is the best commentator. Sterlo is not far behind.
He might be an ex and proud Penrith Panther, but he has no agendas and calls it how he sees it. He is not afraid to criticise his own team and doesnt "push" the barrow for some players like Laurie Daley does for his Dragons.

DeeGan

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Greg Alexander is the best commentator. Sterlo is not far behind.
He might be an ex and proud Penrith Panther, but he has no agendas and calls it how he sees it. He is not afraid to criticise his own team and doesnt "push" the barrow for some players like Laurie Daley does for his Dragons.

Agreed.

David Morrow and Craig Hamilton are by far the best in the business, on the first friday night game, i bring the radio into the bedroom, put the tv on mute, and turn the radio on, and then i have morrow and co, calling the friday night nbn game ;-)

that being said i do the same thing with fox's live games

KeepingTheFaith said:
I think they're both terrible. The names that really make me cringe are Tallis (most incoherant) Pearce (biggest goose in commentary) Ikin (Captain cliche, probably because he doesn't have the guts to make a statement of his own).

Tallis is a shocker...I did not realise that sloths could talk ???.

Ikin..an expert at sitting on the fence. Adds no value.

Daley...when he takes his dragons goggles off he is not bad.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
Gasnier was terrible, he was so biased which is fair enough but as soon as he knew the dragons were gone he started praising the raiders.
don't give him a contract for commentating, he is absolutely hopeless when it comes to calling the footy.

Dutchy

Immortal
Raiding Dazz said:
Gasnier was terrible, he was so biased which is fair enough but as soon as he knew the dragons were gone he started praising the raiders.
don't give him a contract for commentating, he is absolutely hopeless when it comes to calling the footy.

yet he was the only 1 who called the first no try correctly ;-)

Apey

Staff member
I like Sterlo the best personally. I've always been a sterlo fan :cool:

Prince Charles

Juniors
bobmar28 said:
I think they both do okay but if I had to choose commentators it would be Warren Smith and Laurie Daley.

I know all commentators have their annoying habbits however I cannot handle how often Warren Smith says "of course".

I noticed it last year and he drops on average 30 of them per game (which to be fair includes their pre game bit).

I'm not a fan of Smith. Andrew Voss tops the list of callers for mine. Well researched, witty and I don't find his voice as annoying as the others.

Bernster

Juniors
Fox Sports and Channel 9 have got NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING on Roy and HG's State of Origin/NRL Grand Final calls (the boys do it through Triple J)...

Southernsaint

Staff member
That joker Braybrook is the worst. I totally question the depth of his Rugby League knowledge. And his style of calling belongs in WWE, not the NRL.

Latest posts