What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comments on the NZ game

strider

Post Whore
Goal Kicking - FMD, what the hell is doing there? Why the hell give the kicking back to Piggy when u give him the arse in the first half? Lots of kicking practice needed at training this week.

Jeremy Smith - I just don't rate him ... his kicking is ok, but he does little in the way of play making and his defense is worse than Timmys ... I have no preference for an alternative, but I just don't think jeremy is that good.

Eric Grothe - just when you think his brain explosions are a thing of the past - whooshka .... arrrrggghhhh :crazy:

Forwards - started well but tired alot ... the warriors are big buggers so I guess it takes its toll.

Hampstead - FMD, I am dead set sick of this dick ... since when do you allow a team to run 15+m playing the advantage but then decide to come back when they f**k up trying to slip the pass? ... we get called for high shots and forward passes - well what about the other f**king team? ... at the beginning of the year I rated Hampstead the best ref by a fair way - f**k was I wrong!

Conclusion - thank god we bloody won in the end.

Gronk

Staff member
Warriors were making 60m per set in the 2nd half, we were making 30m if we were lucky. Then the clearing kick would lob on the 30m line. We just made life hard for ourselves all night.

eels1986

Juniors
Piggy didn't get the ars* he was having a break on the bench. Bit harsh on Smith, how can he dominate if our forwards are trying to get out of our half. He showed enough in the first half to be there again next week. Just imagine how swamped Blaked would have been if he debuted. I do agree with your comments on Hamstead. The bloke is hopeless - I hope he never referees another eels game.

strider

Post Whore
PLUS - I wish they'd stop those bloody pricks diving at the kickers f**king legs over and over .... do we have to wait till someone's leg gets broken before we do anything about it? .... if you can charge a kick down by standing on your feet then fine, but dive at legs is f**king dangerous!

strider

Post Whore
eels1986 said:
Piggy didn't get the ars* he was having a break on the bench. Bit harsh on Smith, how can he dominate if our forwards are trying to get out of our half. He showed enough in the first half to be there again next week. Just imagine how swamped Blaked would have been if he debuted. I do agree with your comments on Hamstead. The bloke is hopeless - I hope he never referees another eels game.
no he wasn't - i thought that too - but PJ hadn't come on when hayne took his first kick

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
I find it so hard to believe that pig can be kicking so bad this year, considering we have arguably one of the greatest goal kickers ever as our coach!

Parra Guru

Coach
I pretty much agree with everything you've said Strider

except the bit about Eric..... but I always stick up for Eric ;-)

IN the updates thread there is a lot of talk about how our defense won us the game.

What a load of CRAP! The Warriors consistently made 50+ metres per set in the second half whilst we struggled to make 30 metres.

Our defense was shocking and we were soft against their big pack.

What won us the game was luck - the Warriors dropped crucial balls despite having ascendacy in the second half - and that was it.

Very good first 40, terrible second 40 where we only scored from a penalty goal. Lucky to win.

wittyz chick

Coach
My comments ... :crazy: commentators - FMD those Kiwi commentators drove me insane ... I decided to put the radio on and have the Andrew Moore commentate the game but he was just as bad

:crazy: in the end I had no commentary :D

Oh so glad we bloody won ... but the last 7 minutes I was :sick:

jayman

Juniors
widders looked in a bit of trouble late.. and jeremy smith came off as well.. i thought that it had something to do with his finger injury...

strider

Post Whore
wittyz chick said:
My comments ... :crazy: commentators - FMD those Kiwi commentators drove me insane ... I decided to put the radio on and have the Andrew Moore commentate the game but he was just as bad

:crazy: in the end I had no commentary :D

Oh so glad we bloody won ... but the last 7 minutes I was :sick:
sh*t yeah!!! ... those commentators r sooooo annoying

AND what's the go with the bloody NZ score thingy at the bottom of the screen? - its so bloody small u can't read it :roll:

number8

Juniors
We could have won that by a huge margin had we played with any vision. Vatuvai was cactus for the majority of the game & we put no tests his way.

Our kicking was sh*thouse but in fairness Steve Price is a prick for making life difficult for the kickers. He reads the options well & seems to always know who to put the pressure on. As a result we made their stand in Fullback seem like he knew where it would drop every time.

Two potential tries called back for forward passes were rough calls imo & our goalkicking remains disgraceful. It has been sh*t since Burt last kicked for us imo. None of our other kickers are kicking at a 1st grade standard & it'll bite us again sooner or later!

wittyz chick

Coach
strider said:
sh*t yeah!!! ... those commentators r sooooo annoying

AND what's the go with the bloody NZ score thingy at the bottom of the screen? - its so bloody small u can't read it :roll:

I know!!! and the fact that the 6,8 and 0 all look the damn same :roll:

number8

Juniors
The commentry is f**king unbearable! I can't belive after all these years the NRL still deems their team/channel, whatever at an acceptable broadcast standard. QLD Cup is almost better to watch & thats f**kig unbearable in it's own right. The NZ team could only be worse if Gary Freeman himself were on the team.