What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comments on the NZ game

Hurriflatch

Referee
Leading try scorers this year

JArryd Hayne - 10
Glenn Morrison - 5
John Morris - 5
John Williams - 4
Nathan Hindmarsh - 4

Bigfella

Coach
won the thing last year with a pack far softer than most & dare I say ours now

I don;t agree that their pack was soft but it certainly lacked big names like the Warriors props or the Bulldogs pack.

So obviously if your pack (including bench) play as a team and each to the best of their ability you are always a chance.

Good to see everyone bagging Jeremy Smith before Saturday, have returned to suggest he isnt good enough.

Build a bridge.

Even Joey Johns cant be effective behind a pack that is being driven back at the rate of knots.

Im thrilled with the win, but have to say, we were lucky. (And its about bloody time we had some luck on our side)

As for making the eight - remember the warriors were crowing 2 weeks ago, how they would still make it, even with -4 start. Lets get a grip, and take each game as it comes.

Daneel

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Leading try scorers this year

JArryd Hayne - 10
Glenn Morrison - 5
John Morris - 5
John Williams - 4
Nathan Hindmarsh - 4

Imagine if Jarryd had been playing all year. He might be leading the tryscoring for the whole Nrl.

Nickeel

Juniors
NorthShoreEel said:
Im thrilled with the win, but have to say, we were lucky. (And its about bloody time we had some luck on our side)

Well put. I thought the same - hopefully there is a lot more luck coming, to balance with our start to the year.

As for making the eight - remember the warriors were crowing 2 weeks ago, how they would still make it, even with -4 start. Lets get a grip, and take each game as it comes.

Very well said. I am still being realistic - it will be a miracle if we make it... but it is thankfully looking a lot more achievable now than it did a month or more ago. Just have to keep winning, keep rolling along...

Nick