What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparison

Rammo

Juniors
I would just like to compare the two sides who have been decimated by injury this year:

Canberra: Keep toiling each week and are very unlucky not to be in the 8, top effort.

Canterbury: Not trying and keep using the injury excuse when they still had a stack of internationals in their side.

Thank you.

innsaneink

Referee
The Raiders are showing a never say die attitude, week in week out, the spirit at the club is obviously very good, even if the results lately havent reflected it.

The Dogs are the opposite, it seems.

Jono078

Referee
Just because Knights are going good now doesnt mean we havnt had one of the worst injury tolls aswell :p.

weasel

First Grade
Compare the contract values of the two side's injury tolls, though. Canberra's wouldn't come close. The Bulldogs have a lot of highly paid players missing through injury. With the stars hogging such a big portion of the cap, their depth is really starting to suffer. Some of the backs they have playing at the moment are shocking players. Canberra on the other hand would have hardly anyone on a large contract, they don't really have many stars. I mean Jason Smith is their best player and they would have been insane to have signed him on too large a contract inspite of his talents cuz he's in his mid thirties! Their depth should be much better and therefore they should cope with injuries much more easily.

Panthers_God

Juniors
The Raiders are still putting in a big effort to win their games. Bulldogs on the other hand are playing like they dont give a crap.

ByRd

First Grade
Thats what is so disappoining. I have been to most bulldog games this year & have to say the last 2 weeks have been so fkin hard to sit through. I have sat in the stands until the 80th minute on both occasions but just feel so disappointed by the effort, or lack of put in by the boys. Canberra have injuries but are still putting in great efforts & competing, whereas we, even with our injuries still had 7 internationals playing on friday night (mason/o'meley/anasta/ryan/lolesi/utai/asotasi), with a side containing these players should atleast be competitive. I will turn up to the next 2 games hoping for improved efforts & hopefully the boys can dig in a little & show there fans some respect & make up for these disgraceful performances.

thickos

First Grade
weasel said:
Their depth should be much better and therefore they should cope with injuries much more easily.

Mate the depth is injured, that's the problem.

For the cowboys match we had 19 fit players to pick from.

Then Andrew Lomu pulled out, so we travelled with the 17 fit guys, and Jermaine Ale as an emergency. The team picks itself at the moment as we have no-one left, and having purchased Lomu and Williams mid-season (plus 7 guys outside our top 25 playing FG), our second tier cap is used up. The guys who could fill the void are trapped in PL and we can't do anything without risking competition points being deducted.

They could easily have turned it up 5 weeks ago or so and while we lost (again) on the weekend, it was great to see them not give up and go down swinging to the better end.

You guys are the team who had the all-star bench on the way to the premiership last year... it should be the Dogs who cope with injuries better as you have higher quality players to fill the void. But you blokes are a disgrace at the moment.

Our injury toll this season is the worst I have seen in 17 years of supporting the club - 238 player matches lost through injury/suspension, 9 season ending injuries... have a decent run of luck next year and we'll be back in the eight.

Very pleasing to see the boys fight hard and not give up though, you can't ask for much more if 100% effort is there. But no combinations and no consistency is the story of our season.

Rammo

Juniors
The Dogs do have higher quality players missing than the Raiders do, but that's no reason to lose by over 50, 2 weeks in a row, maybe a close loss like 10 or 12, but 50, no excuse, and this is coming from a passionate supporter of the club, as long as the players give it 100% effort each week that is all a supporter can ask, and whether they win or lose is irrelevant, but it is obvious that in the last 4 weeks the effort has not been there and I feel that the supporters deserve answers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
The Dogs haven't been in this situation before. They're handling it poorly.

Noooo... in 71 years they've never struggled with injury or missed the finals.... :roll:

Idiot.

Iluvfinchy

Juniors
Hari Kari said:
~HeS So HoT!~ that nobody wants to touch him.

where do u all get of baggin finchy

he is a much better player than kimorley or orford the only 1 who comes close is joey johns

Latest posts