What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complexes (Fat Loss)

Snoochies

First Grade
Anyone tried doing this training before. I was looking for something that would help with fatloss. I find it easy to put on muscle but very hard to burn fat and apparently this training really helps burn the calories.

The general feel of it is that you grap a barbell and say 40-50kg on it and you do the 7 workouts one after the other for 6 reps each, rest for 90 seconds and repeat 4 times. The bar is never meant to stop and you transition from one exercise to the other.

I tried my first workout Monday night and the first set was fairly easy but by the 4th set was struggling. Workout is as follows.

Deadlift: 6 reps
Romanian Deadlift: 6 reps
Bent Over Row: 6 reps
Front Squat: 6 reps
Shoulder Press: 6 reps
Back Squat: 6 reps
Good Morning: 6 reps

Anyone tried this type of workout?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah, this is pretty much the type of training I do most days and really just involves doing "supersets" of opposing exercises one after the other at high intensity. I have the same issue as you (easily gains muscle but find it hard to shed fat) and I have never been leaner since going down this path as opposed to just doing straight weights and alternate day cardio. Of course watching your diet is pretty important too.

If you like this type of workout you should give crossfit a crack. Throwing in different exercises to challenge the body and mind will help you beat the boredom too.

Keep it up mate and good luck

macavity

Referee
I do lots of supersets.... but that looks intense.

I have the no fatloss problem, slow to gain strength too though :|

DeeJ

Bench
I do these sometimes if I just want a quick workout and can't be bothered to go to the gym. I was much like you, looking at it on paper and during the first set you think its a joke but it doesn't take too long for the hurt to set in.

Snoochies

First Grade
3rd day after and am still killing. Only used 30kg to begin with but I think the little rest really kills. Mind you has been about 4 weeks since I lifted a weight so the normal tightness is bound to set in. Really enjoyed the workout though, was very quick and intense.

Alpha

Juniors
I don't believe in training any different whether bulking or cutting.

Adjust the diet accordingly and you'll be right

adamkungl

Immortal
I hadn't done weights in a couple of months, did some chinups and pullups on tuesday (cant afford a fking gym membership right now) and my arms are still in a world of pain. epic fail

sooperdooper

First Grade
to me it is all personal choice...

what works for you might not for someone else etc.

However the basic principle applies to all forms of training or wanting to burn body fat.

If you feel rooted by the end of the session you have done a good job - however you need to make sure you do this every time and not get comfortable.

aqua_duck

Coach
Thats pretty intense, 50kg deadlifts would be quite comfortable but 50kg shoulder press, 6 reps by the 4th set forget about it

Danish

Referee
If you want to lose weight I would suggest adding some running into your exercise routine.

It burns fat brilliantly, you can pace yourself easily to get the most out of it, and it builds discipline.

In the end though if you can find an exercise which you can bring yourself to do regularly 2-3 times per week then stick with it. Its all going to burn fat.

Best way to help yourself lose fat is to start religiously tracking your calorie intake. I've started doing that over the past month and already have reduced my daily calorie intake by about 500 without any real drastic changes to the diet. Lost 5kg in that time as well so it seems to be working.

Latest posts