What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

Difference of opinion but you must be watching a different game to me, out with injury half the season and the team won hardly any games all year. He has been more aggressive so much so they are talking about him vying for origin again. Last year was not even mentioned. Says a lot of others also see this year an improvement from him
I like Sua. I think he's our second best player.

I didn't say he played many games last year or that we won many of those. I just said he played well in the 13 games he played. He's been mostly good this year as well, but his diabolical performance against the Dolphins is the worst I've seen him play. Since that's 1/7th of his season, that one game counts fairly heavily in my reckoning.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints let go of Bostock, Saab, Schillar, etc and have guys like Rava, Tui, they had Moga etc. That is not the clubs fault but the coaches. The coaches simply wanted big bodies out wide at the expense of speed. Looks to be the bad call but also shows the guys coaching Saints are more into the power game and into grinding out results thinking speed is not necessary which has been the Saints downfall. You would think that would change and the 3rd coach they get would actually want more speed out wide to give them a chance of winning than having guys run past their big bodies with a simple kick past them or a cut out past over their heads. Pretty easy to get around bigger slower bodies.

The NRL also do nothing to help promote the only team in the gooiness book of records with their phenomenal historic 11 year premiership run. One that gets talked about in other sporting codes around the world. NRL should be banking on this like in other counties where those clubs with the history are on tv the most and have the strongest teams. They are the ones to cash in on and give the most exposure. NRL is complete opposite. I thought Saints would be the 1st choice for Vegas. The only team on the planet to have won 11 premierships in a row. NFL fans would marvel at that? They would be wondering how is that possible. Not the NRL, lets send the Dolphins next year who are in the 3rd season or the Storm who got premierships taken off them for cheating and introduced wrestling.
The NRL have the officials there to manage them out of the games, the MRC are there to hand them much harsher penalties such as Frizzell for touching a ref and the NRL let clubs get away with poaching their best talent against rules they introduced.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Saints let go of Bostock, Saab, Schillar, etc and have guys like Rava, Tui, they had Moga etc. That is not the clubs fault but the coaches. The coaches simply wanted big bodies out wide at the expense of speed. Looks to be the bad call but also shows the guys coaching Saints are more into the power game and into grinding out results thinking speed is not necessary which has been the Saints downfall. You would think that would change and the 3rd coach they get would actually want more speed out wide to give them a chance of winning than having guys run past their big bodies with a simple kick past them or a cut out past over their heads. Pretty easy to get around bigger slower bodies.

The NRL also do nothing to help promote the only team in the gooiness book of records with their phenomenal historic 11 year premiership run. One that gets talked about in other sporting codes around the world. NRL should be banking on this like in other counties where those clubs with the history are on tv the most and have the strongest teams. They are the ones to cash in on and give the most exposure. NRL is complete opposite. I thought Saints would be the 1st choice for Vegas. The only team on the planet to have won 11 premierships in a row. NFL fans would marvel at that? They would be wondering how is that possible. Not the NRL, lets send the Dolphins next year who are in the 3rd season or the Storm who got premierships taken off them for cheating and introduced wrestling.
The NRL have the officials there to manage them out of the games, the MRC are there to hand them much harsher penalties such as Frizzell for touching a ref and the NRL let clubs get away with poaching their best talent against rules they introduced.
WHY THE f**k HAVE OUR LAST 40 COACHES WANTED A POWER GAME

In my mind Mcjetski will always be immortalised with this one quote - 'we want to make him (Jason Saab) into an 110kg Daniel Tupou style winger'

You idiot mary