What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetheileet

First Grade
^^Great to see^^

all contracts seem to be going till the end of 2013, could it possibly be that Wayne can see himself extending his contract and hanging around till then?

Timbo

Staff member
Mogg returns to Raiders

29/03/2010 12:07:41 PM

Former Raider and Queensland Origin player Adam Mogg has returned to the Canberra, on a new deal that will see him in green until the end of the 2010 season.
Mogg left the Raiders at the end of 2006 to play in the English Super League for Les Catalan Dragons and will resume training with the club tomorrow, just two days after he touched down in Australia.
Mogg said he’s ready for the challenge of stepping back into the NRL and said he’s ready to play wherever and whenever the coaching staff sees fit.
“I’m excited about being back in Australia and back in Canberra where I finished off and I’m keen to get back into it,” Mogg said. “I’ll train with the team and see what the Coach thinks, it’s just good to be back home and I’m looking forward to the challenge.”
When asked if he was ready to make his way back into the team Mogg was straight to the point.
“Certainly. I’m here to play footy for the Canberra Raiders, I’ve missed the last two weeks with the transition of finishing off in France and coming here, but I’m ready to go,” he said. “It’s going to be a challenge and a step up in class but that’s what sports all about.”
Mogg said he’s a different player to the one who left the Raiders at the end of 2006 and would be looking to bring what he’s learnt playing in the Super League back to the Raiders.
“I’ll sit down with the Coaches and see what they think is best for me, I’ve developed my game a bit overseas,” he said. “I’ve definitely changed and improved my game and I’ve played a lot of footy in the halves, but as I said I’m coming back here and stepping up a class so we’ll wait and see.”
In a whirlwind deal Mogg has made the change from France to Canberra in just over two weeks and said he’s looking forward to the challenge of playing and would see how he went before making a decision on his future past 2010.
“I got the call from Dave Furner two weeks ago and to be back here is a bit surreal but it’s something my family and I are happy about,” he said. “I’ll finish this year off and see if I’m enjoying it and playing good footy and we’ll see.”
Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was happy to have Mogg back in their squad and said his experience would be valuable for the team.
“We were lucky that things aligned for us and we were able to get Adam back here playing for us again,” Furner said. “We’ve got a few injuries to experienced players at the moment so it’s good to have someone like Adam back here to work with our young talented backline.”

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=23923

mxlegend99

Referee
It was his second game for us. I'm glad that we're going to have him for a few more years thought. Throughout the trials and the first 2 rounds he was among our best on the field. His attitude is just amazing.

nz eagle

Juniors
Burns could be a great signing, he started pretty good when he was with us, but didnt develop at all at the Cowboys it seems.

griffo346

First Grade
Canterbury Bankstown coach Kevin Moore has signed with the NRL club for a further two years until the end of 2012.

Iafeta

Referee
The New Zealand Warriors have signed second-rower Lewis Brown for two more seasons in the National Rugby League, the club announced today. Christchurch-born and bred Brown, 23, will be with the club until at least the end of the 2012 season. He broke into first grade as a back rower last season after arriving at the Warriors as a hooker.
He scored three tries in 15 games and earned a call-up to the Kiwis' train-on squad preparing for the 2009 Four Nations.
"I came to the Vodafone Warriors hoping for an opportunity to play NRL football and I couldn't be happier with how it has worked out so far," he said in a statement.
"It's a great club to be around. There's lots of support for you here and there's also plenty of competition for spots. I just want to keep working hard on trying to improve my game and to ensure I do the best I possibly can for the team every time I have the chance."
Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said Brown had improved markedly in the past year.
"He arrived here as a player who had shown some promise and he has turned out to be a bit of a revelation I guess," Cleary said.
"While he came here as a hooker, we actually saw potential in him as back rower. He brings so much enthusiasm into the side whenever he plays and he just keeps improving.''

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/3569630/Lewis-Brown-sticks-with-NZ-Warriors

tezzah

Juniors
He's most deserving of a contract. I can think of a few others there who shouldn't have their contracts extended!

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/01/2887906.htm

After three straight losses the Warriors have finally received a boost, with back-rower Steve Rapira signing a two-year deal to rejoin the NRL club after two seasons with North Queensland.
Rapira, the brother of Warriors prop Sam, was himself a junior of the Auckland-based side before seeing an opportunity to break into the top grade with the Cowboys.
But the homesick 21-year-old has signed a two-year contract with an option for the 2013 season to bring him back to New Zealand.
After playing for the Warriors in their debut season in the under-20s in 2008, Rapira will add some much needed skill and strength to the Warriors' forward pack.
"I've been able to break into the NRL with the Cowboys and I've learnt a lot from my time here but, for me, it's time to come home," he said from Townsville.
"The club I always wanted to play for right from the start was the Warriors and that's still the same.
"It's where I want to be.
"It'll be good to be back around family and friends and to have the chance to play alongside Sam again.
"But I owe the Cowboys a lot for the opportunity they've given me and my focus is on doing the best I can for them for the rest of this season."
Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said Rapira's signing was a real coup for the club.
"It's great to know Steve is coming back home," he said.
"We've always liked what he has to offer.
"He's an aggressive defender and provides real value with the ball as well."
Rapira made his NRL debut for the Cowboys against Gold Coast in April last year, going on to make 16 appearances in all and winning the club's rookie of the year award.
- AAP

Smiley

Bench
Broncos have denied that Setu has signed with the Roosters.

The link to the article doesn't work anymore and I can't find it on the website.

Tom Ace

Bench
Broncos have denied that Setu has signed with the Roosters.

The link to the article doesn't work anymore and I can't find it on the website.

This ridiculous Setu thing has been going on for a month or more.

I think it's a sign that we shouldn't sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts