What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker

Juniors
You need quality halves to feed the ball onto the outside backs. You could put the best centres and wingers in the comp in a side but if the team has autistic halves then it's a waste of money because they won't see the amount of ball they need.

franklin2323

Immortal
why are the Knights letting Henry go early? Have they given up this year?

Mullen, Roberts injured. Gidley could get injured in origin.

On the Titans Friend, Laffranchi, Meyers weren't cheap. Idris & presto in that aboriginal tv program so get part outside the cap

caylo

Bench
Actually I can tell you for a FACT that the NRL do NOT register contracts with large variances.

I'm not allowed to post email correspondence - but you're welcome to ask them yourself.

So if a player was paid $1m over 2 years, it might be 600k and 400k, but unlikely to be 700 and 300 - that would be seen as too great a variance and 'unfair' for the salary cap valuation of a player.

I understand where your coming from but I dont get that.

If you tell a player you can earn lets say 550 in year 1 and 100 in year 2 or 300 per season for two years. If the players agrees to go with the former offer what does that have to do with the NRL. Its like saying the NRL would refuse to register a contract by C.Smith because he chose to play with the storm for 200K a year when the NRL feel he is worth 500K. If I player is willing to take a pay cut or compromise his earning to stay loyal how does the NRL have the right to refuse?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I understand where your coming from but I dont get that.

If you tell a player you can earn lets say 550 in year 1 and 100 in year 2 or 300 per season for two years. If the players agrees to go with the former offer what does that have to do with the NRL. Its like saying the NRL would refuse to register a contract by C.Smith because he chose to play with the storm for 200K a year when the NRL feel he is worth 500K. If I player is willing to take a pay cut or compromise his earning to stay loyal how does the NRL have the right to refuse?
That's a normal non geniused view of the matter. The NRL disagrees though. The question came up with Inglis, we weren't allowed to sign him for 190k in his first year and then 650k afterwards because the NRL felt it wasn't fair/market value blah blah blah.

caylo

Bench
That's a normal non geniused view of the matter. The NRL disagrees though. The question came up with Inglis, we weren't allowed to sign him for 190k in his first year and then 650k afterwards because the NRL felt it wasn't fair/market value blah blah blah.

but that the silly thing, you are coping it the next year paying 650K for him. Now Inglis case he had agreed to a set amount at Melbourne and was let go so maybe there was a minimum he had to receive and I understand that can not be passed on to the next season but if you said to Greg take 190 this year and 650 next year and he was happy whats the problem, would the NRL turn around and say Souths can't sign Greg fro 190K a year if he chose to sign with them.

It is the same with all this third party crap, if a bloke who has a company in Redfern wants to get greg to do some promotional stuff it gets counted in the cap even if it is independent of the club simply because it uses his affiliation with souths. They seam to make simple things difficult and confusing and you wonder why rugby league cops all the high profile code switchers (Sailor, Lote, Cross, Tahu, Falou and Hunt all in the prime of their careers)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Actually I can tell you for a FACT that the NRL do NOT register contracts with large variances.

I'm not allowed to post email correspondence - but you're welcome to ask them yourself.

So if a player was paid $1m over 2 years, it might be 600k and 400k, but unlikely to be 700 and 300 - that would be seen as too great a variance and 'unfair' for the salary cap valuation of a player.

I don't doubt you for a second. But wouldn't Gasnier's 50K to 300/400K (whatever it is) have been poo-pooed?

Robson, what a pickup by the Sharks. Grand Final Halfback, will bring much needed experience to the Sharks Halves. Definitely one of the better halfback in the game today. Will form a lethal combination with Johnny Morris. Watch out for the sharks in 2012 IMO.

dogslife

Coach
Robson, what a pickup by the Sharks. Grand Final Halfback, will bring much needed experience to the Sharks Halves. Definitely one of the better halfback in the game today. Will form a lethal combination with Johnny Morris. Watch out for the sharks in 2012 IMO.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

legend

Coach
WTF is Sheens thinking? Fifita should have been one to keep. I think they'll regret losing him.

Nice pack for the Sharks but still no outside backs.

WTF is Sheens thinking? Fifita should have been one to keep. I think they'll regret losing him.

Nice pack for the Sharks but still no outside backs.

From what I've heard the Sharks will be paying him massive overs, and we need room under the cap for Adam Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.