What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Token Penrith player going to the Tigers.

Bell will be a good role player with them.

We didn't buy last year so I guess we need one now. How many have we bought since Sheens has been at the helm? Daniella, Moors, Galea, Elford, Reynolds, Whatuira, Sattler. I'm sure I've missed a few there too.

POPEYE

Coach
Hope the Blair signing doesn't work in reverse the way Lima did.

Tigers couldn't do anything with Lima but maybe Blair has been taught enough to carry them

Jubes

Juniors
It's interesting how often Storm forwards look like world beaters playing for Melbourne, but as soon as they move teams they turn back into average firstgraders.

POPEYE

Coach
It's interesting how often Storm forwards look like world beaters playing for Melbourne, but as soon as they move teams they turn back into average firstgraders.

Nothing sinister in that. Human nature to slip into doing what people around you are doing.

Average teams encourage average endeavours

Bench
:lol: :lol: Good we got rid of him! Doesn't offload, break the line, doesn't run straight he can tackle that's it.

If you want a soft forward. That runs sideway stepping into the defenders shoulder he's your man
His stats say otherwise,makes plenty of metres.

Big Mick

Referee
:lol: :lol: Good we got rid of him! Doesn't offload, break the line, doesn't run straight he can tackle that's it.

If you want a soft forward. That runs sideway stepping into the defenders shoulder he's your man

Disagree imo.

I think he is solid.

Not a gamebreaker but he'll do his job 75% of the time.

gronkathon

First Grade
Which is exactly what the Wests Tigers need. A no nonsense prop who puts in and does his job.

We have gamebreakers elsewhere. We need the unsung hero and a culture rebuild.

franklin2323

Immortal
Disagree imo.

I think he is solid.

Not a gamebreaker but he'll do his job 75% of the time.

There is plenty of them in lower grades. Any of our backrow in 20's, Fatiaki,Worrincy. Plenty in the club that will do the same job for less then $150k. Heck if was between Smith and Bell we chose the right option

The Joker

Juniors
As far as no nonsense type props go, the tigers could still have found better. Just look through any NSW Cup team, there are plenty

gronkathon

First Grade
The step proves too much for some from NYC or NSW Cup. Bell has done his job for years in the top grade and will be a good sollution until we know whether Groat, Begovich & Woods will be able to perform week in week out in the NRL

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Which is exactly what the Wests Tigers need. A no nonsense prop who puts in and does his job.

We have gamebreakers elsewhere. We need the unsung hero and a culture rebuild.

But isn't that what Gibbs is? And surely he must be drawing close to salary cap concessions for long service (I remember reading an article about Tigers running afoul because they claimed concessions for Gibbs that he didn't technically qualify for yet).

All I can think is if the Tigers were overpaying Gibbs and can get Bell a lot cheaper.

I obviously do know the full picture, though.

gronkathon

First Grade
Point is Gibbs doesn't do that job. His meterage is diabolical 9 games out of 10.

Great defender especially in cleanup. Point is though that we have workhorses in the backrow and you want your props to make the hard metres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts