What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

King hit

Coach
Massive risk the cowboys are taking. Who knows how good Holmes will be after spending a year away. Hayne wasn’t the same after coming back.

Charlie124

First Grade
Massive risk the cowboys are taking. Who knows how good Holmes will be after spending a year away. Hayne wasn’t the same after coming back.

Hayne came back to the Titans though.... I know the Cows have had two lean years in a row but the Titans are perennially terrible. On top of that - Hayne played a lot of centre, clearly didn't have his heart in it from the start (remember his first Titans press conference when he said he wished he was going back to the Eels) and probably had his assault charges in the back of his mind.

I wouldn't draw too many comparisons between the two.

MugaB

Coach
Holmes is an elite player. Worth the risk imo.

Plenty of blokes running around on big overs not delivering most weeks.

I don't think Val will be one of them.
Holmes will play fullback, maybe not initially, but atleast by round 5 onwards depending on how they're travelling plus his fitness (if his weight gain from NFL is causing him to be slower) maybe round 8 onwards, for that amount of money, he has to be in the spine somewhere

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Hayne came back to the Titans though.... I know the Cows have had two lean years in a row but the Titans are perennially terrible. On top of that - Hayne played a lot of centre, clearly didn't have his heart in it from the start (remember his first Titans press conference when he said he wished he was going back to the Eels) and probably had his assault charges in the back of his mind.

I wouldn't draw too many comparisons between the two.
Hayne is also a flap biter

Vee

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/60f1ab7c9fa304ee7bc5b14fee064cef

AJ Brimson has opted to turn down approaches from rival NRL clubs to re-sign with the Gold Coast Titans.
Fullback Brimson, 21, had been attracting interest from the Wests Tigers, but on Monday confirmed his intention to remain with the Titans on a deal until the end of 2022.

It follows the retention of Phillip Sami last week, with Brimson now joining Sami in re-committing to the Titans under new coach Justin Holbrook.

“It is terrific news that AJ will be with us again until the end of 2022,” Holbrook said.

“AJ is a perfect example of the Titans production line in action – a local junior who came through the club’s development system to play NRL in his hometown.

“AJ’s story is not unique to the club, because we are lucky to have a lot of local juniors here who have followed that path.

“But certainly AJ is another example of the template that we will use to take the Titans forward on the back of the best talent produced in the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers region.

“AJ is an exceptional young player as we all know, highlighted by the fact he is now on the radar of representative selectors.

“But importantly he is also an impressive young man, a quality human being who has a passion for this club and his community.”

King hit

Coach
I think you're right, but I think it's one the club has to make, given there circumstance.
Yes, a lot more is expected of the Cowboys these days. Past 2 seasons have been failures. If Holmes shows up the Cowboys should improve and good luck to him.

I personally think to many people at the Cowboys are living of 2015 and need to make a fresh start or change their ways.

Canard

Immortal
Yes, a lot more is expected of the Cowboys these days. Past 2 seasons have been failures. If Holmes shows up the Cowboys should improve and good luck to him.

I personally think to many people at the Cowboys are living of 2015 and need to make a fresh start or change their ways.

In terms of players only 3 players from the 2015 GF are left in the squad of 30.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/60f1ab7c9fa304ee7bc5b14fee064cef

AJ Brimson has opted to turn down approaches from rival NRL clubs to re-sign with the Gold Coast Titans.
Fullback Brimson, 21, had been attracting interest from the Wests Tigers, but on Monday confirmed his intention to remain with the Titans on a deal until the end of 2022.

It follows the retention of Phillip Sami last week, with Brimson now joining Sami in re-committing to the Titans under new coach Justin Holbrook.

“It is terrific news that AJ will be with us again until the end of 2022,” Holbrook said.

“AJ is a perfect example of the Titans production line in action – a local junior who came through the club’s development system to play NRL in his hometown.

“AJ’s story is not unique to the club, because we are lucky to have a lot of local juniors here who have followed that path.

“But certainly AJ is another example of the template that we will use to take the Titans forward on the back of the best talent produced in the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers region.

“AJ is an exceptional young player as we all know, highlighted by the fact he is now on the radar of representative selectors.

“But importantly he is also an impressive young man, a quality human being who has a passion for this club and his community.”

Loyalty. Take note, Jai.

Xcalibre

Juniors