What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

mongoose

Coach
I like James a lot but not sure we really need more backrowers... Guler and Young are coming along nicely. I guess Bateman and Soliola probably won't be there next year. Just thinking we need a back with Cotric going and Scott turning out to be a dud.

shear_joy9

Coach
I like James a lot but not sure we really need more backrowers... Guler and Young are coming along nicely. I guess Bateman and Soliola probably won't be there next year. Just thinking we need a back with Cotric going and Scott turning out to be a dud.

played the majority of his career in the front row. Can’t see him ever going back to the second row especially since his mobility will definitely have been hampered by his knee injuries.

looks like a real money ball signing. If he’s a total bust $400k isn’t a huge hit, but if he plays the majority of games will definitely be value for money

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I actually think it's a good signing tbh for the money

Even if he doesn't work out with injuries it's not a lot of dead money

BadnMean

Juniors
Yeah wow that doesn’t sound right to me. What’s the source? Not impossible I guess but I reckon it would be a big pay-cut from his current contract and he supposedly had the Storm and Roosters chase him this time as well.

Titans are paying some freight to clear the books for Fifita & James didn't want to play with a bunch of c*cks.

BadnMean

Juniors
I actually think it's a good signing tbh for the money

Even if he doesn't work out with injuries it's not a lot of dead money

I agree. And since his only real injuries have been ACL & they are acute, specific injuries rather than ongoing managed chronic conditions the fresh repair, once cleared by medical team gives him a fresh slate. If the ACL goes again, that's a fresh injury again so he can be medically retired. Not a lot of risk since he's been (touch wood) very durable the previous 4 years to the knee issues, 20+ games a season.

aqua_duck

Coach
I agree. And since his only real injuries have been ACL & they are acute, specific injuries rather than ongoing managed chronic conditions the fresh repair, once cleared by medical team gives him a fresh slate. If the ACL goes again, that's a fresh injury again so he can be medically retired. Not a lot of risk since he's been (touch wood) very durable the previous 4 years to the knee issues, 20+ games a season.
There is a greater chance of reinjury after you do your ACL but I think the bigger risk factor is that it's often thought that although it takes about 9-12 months to get back on the field it takes another year to get that strength and mobility back. Even with all that being said I still think it's a great signing as I really like Ryan James as a player and often wondered how good he could be in a better side.

nick87

Coach
I think its a good low cost gamble, even though im not a huge fan of James' game. Thought he was a bit of a flat track bully at times, eager to see in a better pack with higher quality players if he's able to step up and match it with his team mates who are all international players

If it goes tits up, we can just give him the Sam Burgess treatment in 2022.

BadnMean

Juniors
There is a greater chance of reinjury after you do your ACL but I think the bigger risk factor is that it's often thought that although it takes about 9-12 months to get back on the field it takes another year to get that strength and mobility back. Even with all that being said I still think it's a great signing as I really like Ryan James as a player and often wondered how good he could be in a better side.

Yeah we've seen it down here with Campo, he was never the same again after his 2nd knee reco so we'll wait & see.

The only upside is he did it in early pre-season so he'll have a full 13-14 months between the injury & next season. Longer than most players get to build it up these days, with no pressure to rush back.

moffla

Bench
Storm have confirmed the signing of Ricky Leutele
Leutele makes switch to Storm

Premiership-winning centre Ricky Leutele has signed a contract with Melbourne Storm for the remainder of the 2020 NRL season.

A veteran of 129 NRL games with the Cronulla Sharks, the Samoan international will return to Australia from the UK where he has been playing in the Super League with the Toronto Wolfpack who have withdrawn from the remainder of the 2020 competition.

Great signing - couldn't keep Seve in the centres for the season.

Frederick

Staff member
Commiserations to Blake Green on his impending season ending injury
He'll be fine as he hasn't been named at no. 9

Mann on the other hand...
tenor.gif

AJB1102

First Grade
Blake Green given immediate release by the NZ Warriors, expected to sign with the Newcastle Knights. Also Rickee Leutele to the Storm for the rest of 2020.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/04/veteran-playmaker-blake-green-set-to-join-newcastle-knights/

A frustrated Todd Payten has implored rival clubs to stop paying lip service to the Warriors' plight, claiming only four "first-grade standard" players have been offered for loan despite his club relocating to keep the 2020 competition going.
But Payten said for all the goodwill that has followed the Warriors' season-long shift across the Tasman, many rival clubs are baulking when they have approached them about securing suitable loan players.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/22/warriors-frustrated-by-nrl-rivals-lip-service-on-loan-players/

Hard up for players but release 1 immediately to a rival.

On the 2nd para if their approaches to other clubs were similar to their approach for Braden Hamlin-Uele then I'm not surprised they're baulking too.

Latest posts