What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Floodwaters

Juniors
I'd say $670K per year for three years for an average at best halfback is pretty bad.

They will want a dominant half to be paired with him.

Agreed, it’s a signing I can’t understand. They keep bringing up his a premiership winning halfback, the spine that year had Barba, Maloney and Ennis.. Townsend was even hooked in the Semi because he was playing like shit, out of the 4 in the spine he was definitely number 4 that season.

Maby I’m harsh but.. I don’t think I am, he definitely isn’t a halfback to build a team around and he isn’t worth 670k.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Agreed, it’s a signing I can’t understand. They keep bringing up his a premiership winning halfback, the spine that year had Barba, Maloney and Ennis.. Townsend was even hooked in the Semi because he was playing like shit, out of the 4 in the spine he was definitely number 4 that season.

Maby I’m harsh but.. I don’t think I am, he definitely isn’t a halfback to build a team around and he isn’t worth 670k.

Well Chad is certainly better than anyone they currently have

elyod138

Bench

We don't need him to be the focal point of our attack. We needed someone who can organise and distribute the ball to Drinky and Val, he'll do a decent job. He's a huge upgrade over Hampton and Clifford.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
We don't need him to be the focal point of our attack. We needed someone who can organise and distribute the ball to Drinky and Val, he'll do a decent job. He's a huge upgrade over Hampton and Clifford.

Are the halves not going to be Dearden/Townsend next year? I’ve been wondering about how Drinkwater would fit in, as Peyton says they want to retain him but wasn’t sure if it was just lip service

Floodwaters

Juniors
Are the halves not going to be Dearden/Townsend next year? I’ve been wondering about how Drinkwater would fit in, as Peyton says they want to retain him but wasn’t sure if it was just lip service

Dearden has made a blue, he'll be in QLD cup, I don't rate the kid anyhow, hasn't showed me anything to suggest he is any good.

elyod138

Bench
Drinky re-signed today. It's in the papers, just waiting for the official announcement.

MugaB

Coach
I'd be seriously thinking of playing him fullback or 5/8th over Holmes or Dearden, god i feel sorry for Todd, if only he could get more players that gave a shít

blaza88z

Coach
The Dearden signing still has me confused, I don't think Townsend/Dearden are a good combination as they are both similar players (Townsend having bucket loads more experience)

I don't see a situation where Dearden isn't in QLD Cup next year, maybe they've signed him to be nurtured by Townsend? They've obviously seen something us Brisbane fans haven't because he's played 22 NRL games and hasn't really fired a shot yet, it's a big investment in a kid who hasn't really done anything

elyod138

Bench
Has nobody listened to what the actual coach of the Cowboys has been saying? Dearden is our replacement for Jake Clifford. He'll be backup and learning his trade to take over from Townsend.

The Broncos didn't even offer Dearden a contract, not hard to see why he joined the Cowboys. He also grew up in Mackay and was a big Cowboys and JT fan.

The halves will be Townsend and Drinkwater next year, unless Drinky's form dives and Dearden carves up.

Drinkwater re-signing is now official:

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2021/05/05/cowboys-re-sign-scott-drinkwater-/

Josh Ado Carr is on $650,000 so the Melbourne Storm have some salary cap to play with when he goes to Canterbury.

They have tried for like for like as much as possible.

Xavier Coates did run for 202 metres and score one try last week so he is already a star.

lynx000

Juniors
Josh Ado Carr is on $650,000 so the Melbourne Storm have some salary cap to play with when he goes to Canterbury.

They have tried for like for like as much as possible.

Xavier Coates did run for 202 metres and score one try last week so he is already a star.
Now being indicated he has not signed yet from both Melbourne Storm and Coates' manager.

Vee

First Grade
Peter Badel on 360 claiming Brisbane have got Staggs for 4 yrs for $2.8M to play 5/8.

Grapple

Bench
Would you like the yellow boat or the shiny red one, Xavier?

As a young player going to Melbourne over Brisbane is a no brainer.... don't blame the guy switching to a team that's had continued success, and still keeps developing their talent over a team that's struggling to find their feet.