What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Hi Boys, I think this is a great signing. Melbourne Storm has added to its 2022 NRL squad by signing Nick Meaney from the Canterbury Bulldogs.

The 23-year-old, who has played a total of 55 NRL matches for the Bulldogs and Newcastle Knights, has agreed to a two-year contract, and will join Storm at the start of the 2022 pre-season.

At home at fullback, on the wing or in the centres, Meaney has scored 18 NRL tries and has proven to be a handy goalkicker.

Storm General Manager – Football Frank Ponissi said the high quality of Meaney’s play and his versatility were key factors behind the club’s interest in signing the young Bulldog.

“We see a lot of upside in Nick,” Ponissi said.

Grapple

Bench
Storm will do a lot of good with Nick. Happy for him.

I think the signing of SJ is a good thing. He's still a decent half, with experience and much better than CHT or Kodi. Warriors could do worse, and he wants to be home again. I'm probably too optimistic after the cricket, but I hope he bloody well has his best season for NZ.

blaza88z

Coach
You know the salary cap is broken when the team running first in the NRL is able to recruit gun players from the teams coming 15th and 16th

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
I reckon that's a great signing for the Warriors.

SJ is still a bit inconsistent but he's also grown as a player, developed more organisation to his game. And obviously he's still got plenty of talent and will be a great guy for the likes of Reece Walsh to play alongside.

Still think it's strange that the Sharks seemingly prefer to basically run two fullbacks in the halves and let go of their actual half
Bizarre decision to keep Moylan over SJ

blaza88z

Coach
Another good signing for us. Hopefully another step towards turning things around. More signing news coming hopefully.

We've signed a lot of players mate, not sure what else they got planned but I wouldn't be thinking it would be many more

Ideally a hooker would be nice but there aren't many good ones around that are looking for a new club

blaza88z

Coach
This is the part where Penrith fans disassociate themselves from the fact the Capewell is a rep player and pretend like he's some nuffie that would barely make their NSW cup team, as per the norm when a player is leaving the club