What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

jack coburn

Juniors
I see the Roosters have signed Dom Youngs brother on a development contract, outside of the NRL squad - his brother who plays in the 2nd tier of English RL, a part-timer.

I’m sure there’s absolutely no funny business going on and that money is definitely not being redirected to Dom via his brother Alex, even though Dave Riccio mentioned last week that this type of thing was one of the well known salary cap rorts.
Looks about the same as Souths signing Mitchells brother who played in the 2nd tier and was a part timer.

I see the Roosters have signed Dom Youngs brother on a development contract, outside of the NRL squad - his brother who plays in the 2nd tier of English RL, a part-timer.

I’m sure there’s absolutely no funny business going on and that money is definitely not being redirected to Dom via his brother Alex, even though Dave Riccio mentioned last week that this type of thing was one of the well known salary cap rorts.

Also, considering 2024 is likely to be Daniel Tupou's final season before retiring, it could be they are hoping he will develop into a good enough winger to take Tupou's spot in the team in 2025.

soc123_au

Staff member
This bloke is coming home.

e8979385a1550e0e8cc73678bc7dd38861e47f47

Chimp

Bench
Also, considering 2024 is likely to be Daniel Tupou's final season before retiring, it could be they are hoping he will develop into a good enough winger to take Tupou's spot in the team in 2025.
Of course….. the brother nobody in the U.K. has even heard of, because he’s a part timer who’s useless…..

Looks about the same as Souths signing Mitchells brother who played in the 2nd tier and was a part timer.

yep, I reckon very similar circumstance. The Latrells brother has played 100% more NRL games than I expected, to be fair.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think the jury is still out on whether Taukeiaho and Taaffe are going to be good signings for the Dogs, but they aren't what they need. What the Dogs need most is an Adam Reynolds moment: a huge signing of a veteran, proven spine player with quality leadership credentials to barge in there, grab the whole place by the throat and remind them what winning looks like.

In the current game that's a Munster, a Cherry Evans, a Hunt, a Cleary, hell even a Townsend or a Dearden would be an upgrade on what they have now. I don't exactly keep my ear to the ground on where those blokes are at contractually, but money talks in this comp. Open the warchest wide enough and you can lure just about anyone.

ALX25

Bench
I think the jury is still out on whether Taukeiaho and Taaffe are going to be good signings for the Dogs, but they aren't what they need. What the Dogs need most is an Adam Reynolds moment: a huge signing of a veteran, proven spine player with quality leadership credentials to barge in there, grab the whole place by the throat and remind them what winning looks like.

In the current game that's a Munster, a Cherry Evans, a Hunt, a Cleary, hell even a Townsend or a Dearden would be an upgrade on what they have now. I don't exactly keep my ear to the ground on where those blokes are at contractually, but money talks in this comp. Open the warchest wide enough and you can lure just about anyone.

Townsend might become available if Clifford signs on with the Cowboys.

SBD82

Coach

Hunt must have a great memory if he remembers what winning looks like at club level.

Dogs Of War

Coach

Sexton has been pretty good thus far. Not much on the market and I think it's best we just stick with him.

Latest posts