What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

MrBlack

Juniors

Ethan Sanders to the Raiders, which has been a done deal for about 7 months, is now official.
Warm welcomes for the Colonel to God's Country.

Chevy, Dr Strange and the Colonel
Hope springs eternal.
Raiders quietly building for some longer term sucess.

As a Panther I love the rivalry we have with the Raiders.

soc123_au

Staff member
Oh well. Must have time share locked in for the first week of October and doesn't want to risk not being able to use it.

yobbo84

Coach
It's an odd signing. That's a lot of money locked up in your backrow (Crichton, Fifita, Radley), when your 6 has retired and your 1 probably only has a couple of years left in him...

soc123_au

Staff member
It's an odd signing. That's a lot of money locked up in your backrow (Crichton, Fifita, Radley), when your 6 has retired and your 1 probably only has a couple of years left in him...
The club has collectively had too many concussions and it's starting to affect decision making. Gotta get every marquee whether you need them or not.

Woody90

Juniors
Weird signing by the Roosters considering their abundance of backrowers.
Don't think Fifita overall helps the team

Roosters tend to target whoever the highest profile/best players are available and then think about finding a spot for them.

Interesting decision all round. Going to Penrith definitely seemed like the best career choice for him.

Crichton is off contract. It expires at the end of this season. Fifita is 4 years younger, so I suspect that might have factored into it too somehow.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Roosters tend to target whoever the highest profile/best players are available and then think about finding a spot for them.

Interesting decision all round. Going to Penrith definitely seemed like the best career choice for him.

Not f*cking surprised to be honest. As soon as Uncle Nick entered the race for Fifita’s sig, my hopes for us signing him plummeted.

The chooks always get their man unfortunately and we’ve always had issues attracting star players away from rival clubs, regardless of how successful we’ve been.

horrie hastings

First Grade

And basically no centres with Manu gone and Billy Smith not guaranteed to play more than one game before breaking down again when he returns from injury.

Bazal

Post Whore

They'll shift someone on and they'd be pretty flush with cash given retirements and losses. Plodley must be nearing the end of his rope.

Not sure what's on the market five-eighth wise right now but a good back row is an attractive factor for a half too. Nice to have a bloke like Fifita running off you if they can get him interested.

Not f*cking surprised to be honest. As soon as Uncle Nick entered the race for Fifita’s sig, my hopes for us signing him plummeted.

The chooks always get their man unfortunately and we’ve always had issues attracting star players away from rival clubs, regardless of how successful we’ve been.
Just keep producing your own.

It’s worked 3 years in a row.

Woody90

Juniors

Losing out on getting him won’t really affect you blokes in the slightest IMO.

Colk

First Grade
As I said in the rumoured signings thread this game is absolutely comically run and the player market/salary cap is the biggest joke of them all