What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

As I said in the rumoured signings thread this game is absolutely comically run and the player market/salary cap is the biggest joke of them all
I wouldn’t worry about a signing like that.

He’s a bum who only performs when a contract is coming up. He also is not noted for his commitment in defence.

If the Roosters signed Munster that would be different. Remember two of Karen Robinson’s Premierships was with Cronk as Captain Coach. But Fifita? He’s just a lazy bum.

Woody90

Juniors
As I said in the rumoured signings thread this game is absolutely comically run and the player market/salary cap is the biggest joke of them all

Normally I’d agree with this but for once the Roosters actually probably do have cap space with how many players they’re losing.

Sucks for the Titans but I have a feeling they won’t be too devastated. They’d over invested in 2 forwards and he wasn’t giving them much consistently to be honest.

Colk

First Grade
To those posters above, I’m not worried about the name or the player; it’s more the trend.

Every major player off contract who the Roosters are interested in, they essentially acquire which is interesting considering we are supposed to have a ‘salary cap’ (evidently not being policed very well by choice or by ineptitude) It’s become a parody and it’s particularly boring. At this point (actually a long time ago) you have to argue that there has to be something in addition to a salary cap.

Even as an extreme example, even Manchester City don’t get every player they are interested in.

Pjf04b

Juniors
The reported $4m salary cap space would mean that Sualii, Kearney, JWH and Manu were on average $1m each.
Really?
It couldn’t be more than $2.5m surely!

To those posters above, I’m not worried about the name or the player; it’s more the trend.

Every major player off contract who the Roosters are interested in, they essentially acquire which is interesting considering we are supposed to have a ‘salary cap’ (evidently not being policed very well by choice or by ineptitude) It’s become a parody and it’s particularly boring. At this point (actually a long time ago) you have to argue that there has to be something in addition to a salary cap.

Even as an extreme example, even Manchester City don’t get every player they are interested in.
Gagai turned down the Roosters to stay with the Knights in spite being offered one year less. Also, apparently Fafita had a Holbrook clause in his Titans contract, given JH is an assistant at the Roosters now might’ve had something to do with winning his signature? It’s not always Uncle Nick although mostly is because he is God. Forget what I said, it’s Nick. It’s always Nick

I wouldn’t worry about a signing like that.

He’s a bum who only performs when a contract is coming up. He also is not noted for his commitment in defence.

If the Roosters signed Munster that would be different. Remember two of Karen Robinson’s Premierships was with Cronk as Captain Coach. But Fifita? He’s just a lazy bum.
Hahaha howling at Karen Robinson 🤣

Valheru

Coach
The reported $4m salary cap space would mean that Sualii, Kearney, JWH and Manu were on average $1m each.
Really?
It couldn’t be more than $2.5m surely!
The problem with that figure is two fold

A) it includes Tupou and Crighton
B) it is completely made up by the media

I think it's reasonable to say that those 4 players would be about $2.8M

Gagai turned down the Roosters to stay with the Knights in spite being offered one year less. Also, apparently Fafita had a Holbrook clause in his Titans contract, given JH is an assistant at the Roosters now might’ve had something to do with winning his signature? It’s not always Uncle Nick although mostly is because he is God. Forget what I said, it’s Nick. It’s always Nick

Also, he has youngish school age children and didn't want to uproot them from Newcastle to move to Sydney was part of why he re-signed with the Knights.

yobbo84

Coach
The problem with that figure is two fold

A) it includes Tupou and Crighton
B) it is completely made up by the media

I think it's reasonable to say that those 4 players would be about $2.8M
Well Tupou has just re-signed... for minimum wage and stock options, no doubt

Latest posts