What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Wb1234

Referee
Parramatta Board:

"Cheika! Never heard of the f**ker. What's he done? Wait, what's a "Wallaby"? Oh, I see...but what's he done in rugby league? Oh, Lebanon, you say? And a close relationship with our star halfback? Nah...he's too smart. Can't have that. Next!"

"Hannay, eh? Well, I mean, he's been part of a successful Queensland Maroons setup for some time now...no, we don't want to have someone who has been exposed to success. Next!"

"Hmm...Jason "grubber" Ryles, eh? And he's been an assistant to Bellamy at the Storm? Wow! How can we refuse? We are bound to win it all because of that link! What could go wrong? No, let's give him 4 years - he's worked with Bellamy, FFS!"

Just...burn this f**king club to the ground, please.
I agree with this

I was so happy when ryles said no to the dragons and they got Flanagan instead

his (rules) resume is poor

real problem with the eels is guys like Mark oneill who controls recruitment

looking back on it now the days of Fitzgerald as ceo were better he was a strong leader for the club

the days of the insolvency are long gone they need to fix up the board and how the football club is run

basically need someone to do the role Gus is doing at the dogs (and panthers before that)

Bazal

Post Whore
I'll give him my support, but given the other candidates we had, I won't hold my breath.

I feel his appointment is hugely underwhelming.

Yeah I'm not excited. But it is what it is. He might turn out a super coach, who knows.

He has a good squad to work with if he can get them firing the way BA has in the past. The trick will be getting past the obvious issues BAs sacking ahs caused, and then unlocking the ability in the side regularly

JamesRustle

First Grade
Yeah I'm not excited. But it is what it is. He might turn out a super coach, who knows.

He has a good squad to work with if he can get them firing the way BA has in the past. The trick will be getting past the obvious issues BAs sacking ahs caused, and then unlocking the ability in the side regularly
We'll get an indication when he hires his assistant/s, and whether Baz is one of them.

MKCS

Juniors
Lol there's no way Townsend will be on 300k (legitimately) like reports suggest. He might be a 33 year old plodder but he's played 250+ games, won a premiership and there is a serious lack of halves on the market - as evidenced by the Roosters signing him at all. That and he's going to be starting 5/8 replacing Keary, right? Less than average salary for a starting half? Please.

He's had the 250+ games and a competition victory but realistically who would want him? He's a 33 year old halfback who will be 34 when he plays his first game for the Roosters, it isn't like we've signed Ben Hunt here this is legitimately a guy who will play an average to solid season with us whilst another young half continues to develop.

I do agree that he isn't being signed to play NSW Cup though, Trent be lying.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@WaznTheGreat @hineyrulz Start with these two, Jason..
Mixed Martial Arts Middle Finger GIF by UFC

Latest posts