What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats Captain

TruSaint

Referee
I thought our Captain was awesome today.
Apart from scoring, he bent the line, time and time again.
Im not jumping to ecstasy, but Benny deserves his dues.
He looked 5 years younger.
Special mention to Widdop, Tyson, Witt and Cooper.
Oops, Trent you are a legend.

PS we have a goal kicker.
8/8

Last edited:

pinkmoon

Juniors
8/8

That was the most pleasing thing; I grew very tired of Soward's routine, and lack of accuracy. Although he did manage to hit the mark when it mattered most (2010 GF) :cool:

Creagh played well, but he should play like that every week, not once in 3 years.

TruSaint

Referee
That was the most pleasing thing; I grew very tired of Soward's routine, and lack of accuracy. Although he did manage to hit the mark when it mattered most (2010 GF) :cool:

Creagh played well, but he should play like that every week, not once in 3 years.

I luv Sowie buddy, but Widdop didnt look like missing. 4 to 6 is a big issue.
Creagh was awesome.

8/8
Well said brother, he coped it last season with some justification, lets hope we'll see this type of form all year.

Blue Dragon

Juniors
Well said brother, he coped it last season with some justification, lets hope we'll see this type of form all year.

Couldn't agree more. Ben was a stand out today. I thought Frizell, Trent, Widdop and Witt were great too. Not a bad start at all, even considering we played an under strength Tigers.

hardbaby

Coach
Creagh was immense out there. That was a captain's knock. Rip in mate and take these young forwards with you. Merrin, Ah Mau, JDB, Stockwell, Frizzel. They are just so young. It is crucial that our captain puts everything on the line and he did today. Great performance.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Creagh was immense out there. That was a captain's knock. Rip in mate and take these young forwards with you. Merrin, Ah Mau, JDB, Stockwell, Frizzel. They are just so young. It is crucial that our captain puts everything on the line and he did today. Great performance.

He had a strong game, but geez he should really play like that every week. It was nothing overly special, and something that most club captains do all season. He ran hard and finished off a try scoring movement; he wasn't even the man of the match.

TheRev

First Grade
He had a strong game, but geez he should really play like that every week. It was nothing overly special, and something that most club captains do all season. He ran hard and finished off a try scoring movement; he wasn't even the man of the match.
imo Creagh does play exactly like that every week (well nearly)... hes just normally being asked to bash it up without any momentum/direction. If he can hit a ball with some speed he is always capable of punching a hole, he has more skill than most.

giboz71

First Grade
Best game I've seen him play in ages, and he's clearly more comfortable playing the edges. Playing outside Widdop will help him as he reads the game effectively and knows precisely when to use him. I think he's missed an organiser like he had in Hornby.

I've been critical of him the last year or two and perhaps the captaincy has worn him down. Hopefully he's turned the corner now we've got a better roster.

Minh

First Grade
Well played by the boys, didn't get to watch but on this forum you get all the feedback anyway.

GT0007

Juniors

8/8

I posted something similar on this forum somewhere lol but yes special mention to Creagh as it was his best game for about 2 years with some good hits, a try and bending the line back

GT0007

Juniors

Pink you cant take back a good performance re: Creagh by bringing up last season......it was a great performance end of story! We won so just enjoy!

pinkmoon

Juniors
Pink you cant take back a good performance re: Creagh by bringing up last season......it was a great performance end of story! We won so just enjoy!

It wasn't a "great performance" in my opinion. He had a strong game in round one against a lowly ranked side with injuries; he didn't win the Churchill Medal on Grand Final Day is all I am saying.