What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

congrats from a rooster

rooster25

Juniors
Congrats guys on winning the GF,as much as it kills me to write this and im shattered just want to say what a great week it was to have 2 tradional sides that both have huge following in the grand final.The crowd at the game was more respect of each other than hatred like my last one in 2004 roosters vs bulldogs.Yes my team lost and i was spewing on alot of the refs calls but you guys won and deserved it.
Live it up and enjoy it but try and not give it to us easts supporters to much as both clubs know whats its like to lose grand finals

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The ref calls went both ways fella.

Otherwise, thanks for dropping in. Nice post and enjoy the ride next year.

nontime111

Juniors
Champion post ROOSTER 25!

Fantastic sportsmanship old chap the whole game needs more supporters like you, very apreciated from me anyway, a true saints fan for 33 years!

better luck next year your team certainly blew my mind with how they improved at the tail end of the season and all credit to them for making the GF from 6th spot ! well done and may the great rivalry continue next season and beyond!

A special mention to all my fellow true believers SAINTS fans

WE DID IT CAN YOU &^^$^$* BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

.........TOLD you we could!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 years huh!!!! im still partying like its 1979!!!!

congrats to the boys if you read this, MASSIVE THANKS AND BIG GRATITUDE!!!! we were wrapt to see the coverage live way over here in Perth where its usually on after 9! honestly to the boys, ALL the boys even those who didnt actually play in the game but were part of it throughout the year..you ALL helped to get us here.....and just from the depths of my partner and Is true red and white hearts.....

...just THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Slackboy72

Coach
Congrats guys on winning the GF,as much as it kills me to write this and im shattered just want to say what a great week it was to have 2 tradional sides that both have huge following in the grand final.The crowd at the game was more respect of each other than hatred like my last one in 2004 roosters vs bulldogs.Yes my team lost and i was spewing on alot of the refs calls but you guys won and deserved it.
Live it up and enjoy it but try and not give it to us easts supporters to much as both clubs know whats its like to lose grand finals

I think we all know how much more it hurts to lose the big one than to end the season in August especially when some clubs seem to find it so easy to get away with cheating their way to a title. So chin up man. Respect.

You could tell majority were Dragons supporters, when the game was over and Dragons were doing the victory lap the stadium still looked packed out lol

This Year?

Immortal
I was in the Roosters supporters area for the game.....I got some strange looks from some of them when I screamed "It can't be taken away from us now!!!" and then broke down in tears. Hearing all the Saints fans in that area singing was just awesome. Most people have no idea how much this means to us.

big_steve

Juniors
.The crowd at the game was more respect of each other than hatred like my last one in 2004 roosters vs bulldogs.
u must of had some bad experience wid some of those scummy bulldog supporters lol and we do kno wat its like to loose but this yr we won so we dnt care about the ones weve lost there now in the past

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
Definately 80% Red 'n' White at ANZ.

With 5 mins to go the roosters fans got up and left. To be honest, it looked like there were about 500 empty seats after they got up and went.

It definately was a Red 'n' White-Wash

Last edited:

2010Dragons

Bench
Rooster25,

Well done mate, very good comment.... but yeah right!!
"2 tradional sides that both have huge following in the grand final."

I was at the game (I was sitting in the middle of the roosters supporters area) look more like 80% DRAGONS supporters..all RED AND WHITE.
10% Roosters supporters and 10% neutral supporters
With 10 minutes before the end of the games ALL the Roosters supporters around me just walked out.
At the end of the game it was 100% RED AND WHITE

Red V Ultras

Juniors
A lot of the Roosters fans seem to think the rain cost them the game but we've lost games this year in the wet too, it's pretty hard to make that a contributing factor when Creagh kept on dropping the ball or getting it knocked out, even Fein had butter fingers. Otherwise their fans seem ok and can move on and look forward to 2011. Maybe one factor for the roosters loss was Mitchell Pearce he's stats shows he missed like 11 tackles highest in the team, I didnt know he was a liabilty in defence. Good to see 'smells like Newtown' was gracious in defeat and was kind of happy for us winning lol.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A lot of the Roosters fans seem to think the rain cost them the game but we've lost games this year in the wet too, it's pretty hard to make that a contributing factor when Creagh kept on dropping the ball or getting it knocked out, even Fein had butter fingers.
But they don't want to know the facts, just any snippet of rubbish will do as long they can avoid the scoreboard.

The latest is that we somehow orchestrated the extended half time entertainment to give us a rest in the locker rooms. But they can't even agree on how long the break was. It started at 15 minutes, the last bid 27 minutes. lol
Red V Ultras said:
Otherwise their fans seem ok and can move on and look forward to 2011.
The vast majority are. I really think it's only about 5-10 Easts supporters carrying on about it - ok half their supporter base. ;-)

They are outnumbered by dumb and bitter oppo supporters from other clubs.

I was in the Roosters supporters area for the game.....I got some strange looks from some of them when I screamed "It can't be taken away from us now!!!" and then broke down in tears. Hearing all the Saints fans in that area singing was just awesome. Most people have no idea how much this means to us.

I nearly broke down in tears at a bbq i was at. I have waited 30 years for them to win it and when i saw dean young had tears i nearly lost it, i looked at my brother and he said lets go leagues club, we waited till we saw our leader lift that trophy up high and then went to the leagues club to greet all our HEROES, all the squad, u r right, they all got us here, they are all great in their own way. I watched the replay on the net last night on my own and i just lost it. It was my birthday the day after, so it was a great birthday present. Now all we need is for the dynasty of the dragons to begin, the oneder years will be ours, 2 in a row has not been done for 18 years. Boys, it is your time to be written into the record books. FIRE UP and keep the trophy where it belongs, at the taj mahal of the NRL. FIRE UP premiers!!!!

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I've got a Roosters mate who's still banging on that the game was fixed, damn I'm winding him up real hard!!

Big Norm

rooster25

Juniors
Hey guys i was saying congrats not trying to get into a slanging match about supporter numbers.I was at the game(only got tickets through buying expensive ebay tickets) and yes we were greatly outnumbered but as the dragons were looking like making the grandfinal all year and would of bought tickets during the year us roosters supporters were stunned how far our team had come this year and to be honest really didnt think we would make the grand final.
When we did make it I lined up with many other roosters fans at tickettek only to be told all sold out.I know all my mates had to settle to watch the game from pubs or home.
To say roosters dont have fans is crap and i was saying two huge supporter bases because both fans do have huge supporter bases,ive always said dragons are the most supported sydney side but this myth that roosters have a small fan base is nonsence.
Anyway guys enjoy being premiers and see you next season,big chance it will be a rematch GF!!

RedVDave

First Grade
Thanks Rooster25, great sportsmanship shown by yourself (amongst other Easts fans) see you on ANZAC day.

Latest posts