What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

T-Boon

Coach
There has to be a better option than Brad Arthur. He can’t be the face of a new club looking to establish itself. Zero personality and an average or below average football coach.

King-Gutho94

Coach
was a roller coaster record:

took over in 2014 after two successive wooden spoons
yr 1 finished 10th, then 12th , then14th

then finished 4th

then wooden spoon

then 3 semi finals

then grand final

then 10th

6 seasons he had a winning %, 2 seasons a 50-50 and 2 seasons a losing %

all in all I wouldn't say the worse. In 10 years made the finals 5 times inc 4 semis and a GF. If the Western Bears achieved that in our first decade I wouldnt be unhappy!
That wooden spoon side in 2018 were tipped to make the Top 4.

He should have been sacked then.

If you want this Perth side to play an exciting brand of footy they won't get it under Brad Arthur.

Chase the collision and front load your efforts areas was his MO.

Tactics left a lot to be desired and lacked a lot of attention to details in key areas.

MugaB

Coach
Nathan cleary wasn't handed his debut by his father it was by Griffin.

By the time Ivan came back Nathan was NSW halfback am I right.

So nepotism isn't an issue as Nathan had already earned his spot.

Fancy comparing him to Jake Arthur the only thing they have in common is they have both scored the last try in the final 5 mins of a GF
That's right Ivan was tired
I am right too, just the optics are skewed

all in all I wouldn't say the worse. In 10 years made the finals 5 times inc 4 semis and a GF. If the Western Bears achieved that in our first decade I wouldnt be unhappy!
The crowd thread on L.U. relentlessly drives home the belief that winning games is the only way for RL clubs to thrive and build crowds.

Expansion ventures always prioritize on-field results. Which typically leads to artificial initial success, followed by harsh reality and constant struggles. Best (or worst) example in the UK was Fulham in 1980 who effectively fielded a first division team in the second division. Huge mistake to associate novelty value with winning in the minds of new fans. Impossible to manage expectations thereafter. Growing RL in London has been an uphill battle ever since.

Western Bears would be wise to pursue off-field prosperity first and foremost.

An imaginative administration in Perth ought to be able to trade on general goodwill in their early years. Playing open attacking football might popularize the team more than simply winning. For that reason, Brad Arthur is a good choice as coach. Despite the strictures of others on here, I thought Parra were generally great to watch under him.

Western Bears shouldn't be thinking about finals and premierships until after the club is firmly established. All the more pertinent when some vested interests are keen to see them fail and retreat to NSW.

Latest posts