What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats guys, well played

salvy71

Juniors
Just another shattered Parra fan here to say congrats to the Melbourne Storm team and fans ......we put up a fight but in the end a team that plays 4 grand finals in a row and 3 minor premierships deserved the title .
Hopefully the Eels can learn from the Melbourne dynasty and try to emulate it .........

big_matt

Juniors
Thanks Eels fans. The sentiments on this thread are the same as I got from many Eels fans in the ground despite them being shattered.

The future is bright if you are an Eels fan I reckon. See yous again next year. Same time, same place!

parra_mania

Juniors
i just wanted to say congrats you played better on the day i guess for myself and the other true blue and gold supporters it is hard to accept.... but you out played us with your experienced player... all the best

but i will leave with one note beware of 2010 revenge is better then victory

scottyeel

Bench
Well done to Storm players, great team
Well done to Storm fans, cheered loud and proud for your team and all in good fun.

gregstar

Referee
well done to the storm.

it would have been a shame if the club had only one win from 4 gf starts.

even 2 from 4 doesn't reflect how wonderful the team has been during this period.

MsStorm

Bench
Thanks to all those Eels fans for their good wishes...very gracious in defeat and just remember you had a great year, one to treasure imo.

Hope we can now begin a wondeful rivalry between our teams.

Well done guys:clap:

melbourne_belle

Juniors
I also want to congratulate two people (well, Melbourne Storm officials and fans as a whole, but these two incidents stood out):

(1) Craig Bellamy, for coming up with a game plan to nullify Jarryd Hayne that worked brilliantly. I thought Hayne was OK without being great, but it came down to Bellamy's great coaching and the Storm's great ability to follow his plans. Well done!

(2) Brett White. During the game, his and Fui's eyes were filled with anger, hatred, desperation, determination...After the full-time siren, even though Fui was probably devastated, I saw him shaking hands with Brett and sharing a joke or two...It really pleases me to see two warriors who go at it so brutally in a game, but can show true class and sportsmanship after the siren has gone.

And really, it goes for everyone - a lot of the Storm boys were very gracious towards the Eels players, and the fans.

All in all it was a great day - the best team rightfully won, but it wasn't a blow-out and it was a brilliant game of footy.

Congratulations, once again, to all Melbourne Storm fans and officials - 3 titles in a decade of dominance is just massively impressive!

You are all class Eele :clap:
After the game on Sunday I had a new found respect for Parra and its fans. They never gave up and were giving everything especially in the last 10. Fui Fui is a machine and Hindy is an absolute champion.

Noa

First Grade
Just want to say congratulations on your great victory today. You guys for most of the game were the better side and deserved the win.
We just couldn't get the little things right at crucial moments.

I'm shattered to lose as you could understand, but proud of what parra have achieved and to fight back like we did, I don't think too many teams could have done that.

So congrats on a game well played.

Thanks Eelectrica, classy as a always.

No mention of conspiracies, penalties etc.

Noa

First Grade
You too Elementary, some of your fellow fans could take some tips off you 2 on how to take a loss.

camsmith

Juniors
Thanks to those in this thread, and it was good to see the parra supporters around me handle the loss well and congratulate me on the win etc..

You had an unbelievable finish to the year and while I was nervous there at the end, you made what could have been a trashing into an exciting finish.

Also had no trouble walking around Parramatta (going to Wynn's store) yesterday.

I also want to congratulate two people (well, Melbourne Storm officials and fans as a whole, but these two incidents stood out):

(1) Craig Bellamy, for coming up with a game plan to nullify Jarryd Hayne that worked brilliantly. I thought Hayne was OK without being great, but it came down to Bellamy's great coaching and the Storm's great ability to follow his plans. Well done!

(2) Brett White. During the game, his and Fui's eyes were filled with anger, hatred, desperation, determination...After the full-time siren, even though Fui was probably devastated, I saw him shaking hands with Brett and sharing a joke or two...It really pleases me to see two warriors who go at it so brutally in a game, but can show true class and sportsmanship after the siren has gone.

And really, it goes for everyone - a lot of the Storm boys were very gracious towards the Eels players, and the fans.

All in all it was a great day - the best team rightfully won, but it wasn't a blow-out and it was a brilliant game of footy.

Congratulations, once again, to all Melbourne Storm fans and officials - 3 titles in a decade of dominance is just massively impressive!

One thing that has struck me is that the whole team are really humble and down to earth...I met Adam Blair yesterday and he was really friendly and polite.

You would not have known that they had just won a premiership judging from their demeanour...they go about their business in a professional manner and one big family.

This is a big key to their success...

Titanic

First Grade
Great game, great spirit, great win. One of the most timely exhibitions of rugby league of recent years (that goes for the U20's too).

The only real disappointment was the ordinary pre-match entertainment, imho.

Latest posts