What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats to Manly

BuffaloRules

Coach
I hate to agree with those idiots from Big Sports Breakfast, but as they mentioned this morning Orford seems to look good when Manly are carving a team up, and doesn't seem to do much in the close ones...

He is the definition of a front runner...

adamkungl

Immortal
Jatz Crackers said:
Form is the test and Orford played extremely well last night. Try shelving the bitter pill until we have more form going closer to SOO.

One good game is not form.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Never get tired of this image:

Six pocket theory alive and well at training today...
Brookie.jpg

Garts

Bench
Karmawave said:
There's a difference between lacking quality halves and being desperate enough to put that myth Orford into the 7 jersey for NSW.

I'd prefer Carney, Mullen, Pearce and even Sammut over that choker.

Who you have mentioned have done absolutely nothing yet. I dont disagree that Orford goes missing but he would do just as an average job as the guys above would. I would probably pick him due to having a greater level of experience tbh.

Garts

Bench
BuffaloRules said:
I hate to agree with those idiots from Big Sports Breakfast, but as they mentioned this morning Orford seems to look good when Manly are carving a team up, and doesn't seem to do much in the close ones...

I agree but the halves who NSW have available are all in the same boat.

Ice777

Bench
To all who are advocating Orford at halfback, lets not forget that there's not many bigger games than Origin and well all know where Ox goes during the big games. Missing.

Butters

Bench
Garts said:
Who you have mentioned have done absolutely nothing yet. I dont disagree that Orford goes missing but he would do just as an average job as the guys above would. I would probably pick him due to having a greater level of experience tbh.

Choking experience isnt the sort of experience you want at representative level. Hell if your going for experience you might as well stick with Noddy.

Butters

Bench
Garts said:

Choking experience is not the sort of experience you want at representative level. Hell if your going for experience might as well stick with Noddy.

He killed it in the grand final qualifier last year against the Cows, and you can't say that wasn't a big game. Thurston was his bitch that night. And before you say it, yeah he didn't do the same in the grand final but the whole team was outplayed that night, he didn't have the chance to prove himself.

Dutchy

Immortal
themanonthehill said:
Yday had the full spectrum of manly attacking moves ... arsey bombs, intercepts, arsey grubbers, knock ons the video ref chooses not to see, obstructions everyone else is called on etc etc etc.

I'd just like to welcome manly back to the winners circle and compliment them on their use of all 6 pockets and all 4 cushions yesterday

Thanks. Those new cues helped greatly.

Originally Posted by Jatz Crackers
Form is the test and Orford played extremely well last night. Try shelving the bitter pill until we have more form going closer to SOO.

adamkungl said:
One good game is not form.

Do some people here consciously choose to selectively ignore whats written in the original post ? FMD

Downie

Guest Moderator
BuffaloRules said:

Maybe Orford is one of the reasons Manly go good when they carve teams up? He looked great from the start of the game yesterday. It's not like he decided 'Oh, we're 30 up, time to get myself involved'.

Dutchy

Immortal
Downie said:
Maybe Orford is one of the reasons Manly go good when they carve teams up? He looked great from the start of the game yesterday. It's not like he decided 'Oh, we're 30 up, time to get myself involved'.

Cant be, makes too much sense.

Latest posts