What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats ...

OVP

Coach
Too committed for our rabble, especially in the first half. You deserved that win and kudos to Jason Taylor for getting his very first win as a coach. Well done Jase :)

Even if we somehow fluked enough points to get a win at the end, there's no way on earth we deserved it. So Jason can take that as a thoroughly well-deserved first victory.

Well done Parra, and best of luck for the rest of the year. Realistically ... YOU SHOULD make it to the 8. Good luck and well done for beating us frauds.

Stagger eel

Staff member
OVP said:
Too committed for our rabble, especially in the first half. You deserved that win and kudos to Jason Taylor for getting his very first win as a coach. Well done Jase :)

Even if we somehow fluked enough points to get a win at the end, there's no way on earth we deserved it. So Jason can take that as a thoroughly well-deserved first victory.

Well done Parra, and best of luck for the rest of the year. Realistically ... YOU SHOULD make it to the 8. Good luck and well done for beating us frauds.

I think it showed that both our sides are struggling, big time, we'll definitely take it, we desperately needed but there is no way in the world that we're out of the woods yet.

thanks heaps.

Bigfella

Coach
Hey OVP, I'd be interested in your thoughts...

Phil Gould was of the opinion that Roosters were disgraceful in the first half, and Parra weak in the second ... I don;t necessarily agree.

I thought your tactics were odd in the first. You didn't drop much ball, there was strong running, but you seemed content to play one or two out and kick on the 4th. You didn't play badly, and executed this approach soundly, but Parra answered the challenge and it became easy(ish) to defend).

In the second, you had no choice but to attack. You got good possession and field position and you asked a lot more of us in defence. I thought we did well in that we continued to contest, despite less possession, and the tries you scored were generally met with last ditch defence and you were forced to try everything to score.

Basically I think it was a pretty good standard game where your first half tactics proved costly.

Do you think the belief was that were unfit and would fold with mistakes and fitness if you played a relentless safety first first half?

yy_cheng

Coach
I reckon the Roosters were complacent in the 1st half thinking that Parra would crack later on in the game so they were not really interested. Especially when Finch and Anasta was coming off from a high.

The possession was something like 60%/40% to parra in the 1st half and usually, possession evens up.

Hurriflatch

Referee
possesion ended up 50-50

Roosters made 310 tackles
Parra made 306 tackles

at half time it was something like

Roosters 195 tackles
Parra 110 tackles

James_Hardie

Juniors
Bigfella said:
I thought your tactics were odd in the first. You didn't drop much ball, there was strong running, but you seemed content to play one or two out and kick on the 4th. You didn't play badly, and executed this approach soundly, but Parra answered the challenge and it became easy(ish) to defend).

I thought they tried to play conservative early . Run up the midle, make our forwards do a lot of work to tire us. Then with about 15 to go in the first half i think they started to move the ball around. It cost them because they came up with a few turn overs and we scored three times in the last 10 minutes.

Not Ricky Stuart's greatest plan although if they had got home against our tiring side at the end, he would have been labelled a genius.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
That for the kind words OVP.

Stick with Red Oog for the Stradbroke. Bowman is very confident still, even after the shocker in the 10,000.

Latest posts