What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations and commiserations

firechild

First Grade
I'd post this in the NRL forum but there are too many bitter fans from other clubs to start ruining the thread. As a Manly fan I'd like to offer my congraulations to the Warriors on a game well played and commiserations for the loss. This Warriors team has a huge future and what they showed in the second half suggests they are bound for bigger things. The experience that this squad will take out of not just this loss but the entire finals series will be huge for the short term future and as they say, you have to lose one to win one. I have no doubt that the Warriors will win a premiership in the next few years if they can keep the core of their squad, especially the young blokes. I think at the end of the day it was probably experience that got Manly over the line yesterday and that is what the Warriors will take from yesterdays game.

Micistm

Bench
A lot of really sporting Manly fans around. The gesture is much appreciated mate.
In the next week or two I'll be thinking we've made progress, our young guys will have learnt from that, we have a good new coach coming in to add spark to a side that isn't too bad...
...But for now, as proud as was of the guys I intend to wallow in self pity for the week! It's weird- I honestly didn;t expect to win, but despite that I haven't felt so down after a game for a long time, if not ever. Think it was probably just the weeks of close games, ending in a day of three games that didn't really go the way wanted. Was knackering!

Last edited:

Martli

Coach
On the train back from the ground I was just staring blankly in front of me. Felt so gutted.

In hindsight, we didn't play too badly, we just hit a period in the game where we had no ball and what little ball we did have was dropped which some what sealed our fate. The comeback was really just a case of too little too late which was a real shame. I guess at the end of the day we now have 17 guys with grand final experience who will no doubt make a real push towards the GF next year.

firechild

First Grade
It's weird- I honestly didn;t expect to win, but despite that I haven't felt so down after a game for a long time, if not ever.

I know what you mean. I never held out too much hope in 2007 but it was absolutely gutting to watch my team go down (and even worse finding out later that Melbourne were so far over the salary cap). Grand finals don't come around too often and you can do nothing but hope that your team makes the most of the opportunity in front of them.

_addict

Juniors
I'd post this in the NRL forum but there are too many bitter fans from other clubs to start ruining the thread. As a Manly fan I'd like to offer my congraulations to the Warriors on a game well played and commiserations for the loss. This Warriors team has a huge future and what they showed in the second half suggests they are bound for bigger things. The experience that this squad will take out of not just this loss but the entire finals series will be huge for the short term future and as they say, you have to lose one to win one. I have no doubt that the Warriors will win a premiership in the next few years if they can keep the core of their squad, especially the young blokes. I think at the end of the day it was probably experience that got Manly over the line yesterday and that is what the Warriors will take from yesterdays game.

Cheers mate.

It is unfortunate that there is so much bitterness out there too. I feel pretty content to give Manly their dues. The game should be celebrated and the premiers enjoy the glory. Your team has shown form throughout and won the day, well done.

_addict

Juniors
A lot of really sporting Manly fans around. The gesture is much appreciated mate.
In the next week or two I'll be thinking we've made progress, our young guys will have learnt from that, we have a good new coach coming in to add spark to a side that isn't too bad...
...But for now, as proud as was of the guys I intend to wallow in self pity for the week! It's weird- I honestly didn;t expect to win, but despite that I haven't felt so down after a game for a long time, if not ever. Think it was probably just the weeks of close games, ending in a day of three games that didn't really go the way wanted. Was knackering!

On the train back from the ground I was just staring blankly in front of me. Felt so gutted.

In hindsight, we didn't play too badly, we just hit a period in the game where we had no ball and what little ball we did have was dropped which some what sealed our fate. The comeback was really just a case of too little too late which was a real shame. I guess at the end of the day we now have 17 guys with grand final experience who will no doubt make a real push towards the GF next year.
^both sum up my feelings too

Latest posts