What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations on the great year

Serious thread guys, You guys had a great year. Might be pretty hard to see it right now and you will probably cop trolls for a while but when you look back on it, you will see the great steps the club has made.

I thought the consistancy this year was outstanding. No matter who you guys played, I always thought you were a chance. Also the wins away from home were well deserved. The Titans have suffered from a slump in other years and although everyone said it would happen (or maybe hoped) you guys kept winning. The experience of playing finals will help the boys when they are there again.

All good signs for next year. Heads high.

Spot On

Coach
Tonights semi v Parra. Well talk about a lack of attacking options. Scott Prince (of whom I am a fan) has been horribly out of form for a couple of months now. Bailey has played terrible as well. Lafranchi doesn't look like he wants to be there. A very disappointing end to their season. Failed to fire a shot. I just cannot believe how bloody poor they were tonight. No go forward. No structure in attack. No kicking game. What has happened to Prince going to the line and picking up the big men or going himself. They can't finish top four ( maybe not top eight) next year with that squad playing like they have the past month surely.

The Colonel

Immortal
Commiserations guys. Look back on the year past and see it for what it is - a breakthrough for the Titans from which they can only grow stronger. Thanks for a great game.

Best of luck for 2010.

iOnline Josh

Juniors
Thanks guys. The Titans certainly had a city behind them tonight and if nothing else, at least their appearance in the finals should help to bring them a greater legion of fans next year; and will hopefully spark some of the youngsters and "ten year Titans" towards greatness.

Eelectrica

Referee
It was a disappointing way for the Titans to end a great season, but this season has shown that this Gold Coast team is for real. The're not happy to just be in the comp.

They're in it to win it, just need some more muscle in the forwards. They've got a solid forward pack, but no one who really terrorizes the opposition. Get a Fuifui or Watmough like player and look out.

Titanic

First Grade
Totally gutted ... I think the Carty "we're going alright" defence has been a cop-out, for weeks we've looked ordinary and making the finals seems to have been good enough and it would have been except for the last 3 floggings.

Going out with your heads high is one thing, but with inept performances like that leaves a sour taste.

Next year please bring back some enthusiasm.

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
A friend of mine suggested Scott Prince suffered from Orford-itis, which may have affected his performance.

Coaster

Bench
IMO to comes down to the carrot and the stick, or pleasure and pain.

Up until this point, we wanted to win the GF for pleasure, we could think of how good it would be to win it, and how good it would be for the city, but the last 3 weeks shows why that train of thought is not enough to win it.

The old saying "you have to lose one to win one"

Every team "wants" to win, but you need more leverage than that to actually do it. You need IMO your mind to associate massive "pain" to not winning it also. These get you though the moments of the game, when you have to go that extra little bit. When you have to get off the ground while dazed, and when you have to fight that little bit harder to break the tackle.

I think we may have learnt that last night, the ying to the yang, and seen the other side of the coin.

The boys are hurting, so are us fans, this is a good thing, because out of this "pain" we will get better.

I say fans also, but i only speak for myself here when i say that, but i was just as dissapointed in myself last night as i was there performance. I didnt go to the game last night, but i could have, i used excuses like money and time but in reality, there was no excuse, i should have been there.

I missed 2 games at home this year, why? i could give a thousand more excuses but they do not matter, i should have been there, i want these guys to bleed and break bones for me every week, but i find excuses for myself when they need us. Did i scream loud enough at games, maybe not, we need more pressure on the opposition at home games. ect ect

I wont make the mistake again, i also will be better for the loss.

grandorient

Bench
Serious thread guys, You guys had a great year. Might be pretty hard to see it right now and you will probably cop trolls for a while but when you look back on it, you will see the great steps the club has made.

I thought the consistancy this year was outstanding. No matter who you guys played, I always thought you were a chance. Also the wins away from home were well deserved. The Titans have suffered from a slump in other years and although everyone said it would happen (or maybe hoped) you guys kept winning. The experience of playing finals will help the boys when they are there again.

All good signs for next year. Heads high.

I think this post says most of what I feel too, so I will just add my commiserations to Coaster and all the staunch Titans fans.

Great year guys, well done.

GO

CrazyEel

Bench
It's hard to take a loss in the finals but now the Titans have felt the pain they will be even more successfull and determined next year.

You guys can still be very proud of your year, the Tit's are proving themselves to be a great club in the making and play a very attractive style of footy.

Commiserations guys and all the best for next year.

ElectricPenis

Juniors
Gratz Titans fans, really was hoping you guys would make it far, seeing as it's your first time in finals.
Really wish it wasn't us who did it though, but BOL for next year, you guys will bounce back fast.